SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

KCs Landing

1/22/22 @ 7:55 AM
INITIAL POST
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Took off to the shack on Thursday needed a fishing fix.Cold temps here and then a mild day in between where you get 7-8" of snow then back down to -30.Lots of snow this year.To much already.Hopefully when it all melts we will have some better water levels.Fishing was excellent for the couple of hours I went.Drilled my one hole and turned heat on.Had my 4 eaters before shack warmed up and still had jacket on.Used a couple of minnows then played around with artificial baits and those worked just fine to.Yesterday fairly mild and got more snow.lol.ill put some pics up and you will see what it's like here.First pic is top of the hill coming into camp and can see ice shacks and snow banks.

KCs Landing photo by fishguidealso
Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
1/9/23 @ 12:38 AM
doorman
doorman
PRO MEMBER User since 12/28/06

Fishguidealso, how are the conditions?

3/5/22 @ 11:08 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Yeah they had tough time.Didnt have much time to get established.Hoping for a good year.Really not sure how it will go.Lots of smaller parties I hear due to not everyone being vaccinated.May/juñe sounds busy but slower rest of season.Crazy world right now.seems to be getting worse.Maybe get to see you.With fuel prices I won't be going to far.lol.close to 10 bucks a gallon now.whoa.But fìshing is crazy good so won't need to go far.

3/5/22 @ 1:06 PM
csbadvisor
User since 12/1/09

Nice fish Jon.  So in law was on US side of Lake of the Woods last week did well on Walleye.  Brough home his limit and had a nice fish fry??.
Looking much better to cross into Canada for our late May early June trip to Cedar Lake.  New owners at our camp so looking forward to meeting them (Cedar Lake Camp).  Feel bad for previous owners, nice family but I think the last couple years took a toll on them.

3/4/22 @ 4:42 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Been a whike since last on here.So here's a bìt of a report.Weather has been brutal and snow load is nuts.Iam still fishing at the ice shack as its the easiest to get to.Lakes are slush pools and will find out next week what it's like when we are planning to go for some trout.with the pack snow and ice word is you need a extension for the auger.The ice shack to needs the extension to.Weather is very tolerable now and the -20 mornings feel good and highs of -5 to -7.more early light in the mornings and longer days.Sure signs of spring.Fishing has been solid throughout the winter.Some beautifull fìsh have been caught añd some great meals been had.Heres a few pics from Wednesday.Ive made some home made jigs and fish seem to like them even the muskie.

1/27/22 @ 6:56 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Carpio Edward Lake is part of 7 lakes making up the Indian Lake Chain just north of Vermilion Bay On.Species in there are walleye,smallmouth bass,northern pike,muskie,perch and lake trout.there are no slots for walleye on this lake just 3 under 18" and 1 over.

1/27/22 @ 6:31 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Same shack.There is another one actually bit bìgger but usually hop into the one iam in.Could fish 10 guys comfortably in both shacks. Had 10 guys there few days ago.

1/27/22 @ 6:26 PM
uplander
uplander
User since 10/6/09

nice.........are you in a different shack today

1/27/22 @ 9:26 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

What’s the slot for walleyes.       Any other fish available? CARPIO 

1/26/22 @ 11:20 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Got out today.Fished noon to 3.Today bit slower and not as many walleye schools ones that did come through were smaller groups but fairly aggressive.They bit on minnows and made a point of finding some stickle backs and the hit them hard.Hairjigs worked great to and vibratos.Easy catching my 4 fish and catch and release on rest.Couple of good ones to.Nice day at -8.

1/24/22 @ 6:18 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Try my best.Waiting for some better weather.Its been ugly here.Good time for some indoor projects.

1/24/22 @ 12:31 AM
doorman
doorman
PRO MEMBER User since 12/28/06

Thanks for keeping us posted! Great reports! 

1/23/22 @ 12:03 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Couple of pics of the hair jigs I used without minnows.They worked great on there on.1/16 oz añd had to have a split shot to get them to go down.

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE