MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Is it safe to book a trip for next summer ?

11/25/20 @ 5:36 PM
ORIGINAL POST
mikieb
USER SINCE 10/11/15

I am not really gonna book a trip yet... But I will have the calendar out in January and will be booking a trip for August to Ontario... 

Do you think we will be ok to cross the border by then ? 

DISPLAYING 11 TO 16 OF 16 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

12/7/20 @ 7:26 AM
Symmetre
USER SINCE 5/11/20

A lot of the camps will be in real trouble if they have to shut down this year as well, but right now that's how it looks.

News over the weekend was new case numbers still climbing in most parts of Canada and the US. This isn't going away any time soon.

12/4/20 @ 8:52 AM
fishguidealso
USER SINCE 2/5/10

Lets say border opens.Most camps will have already full weeks with all the roll overs going on.There would be the odd camp that might have a week open here and there and woukd have to check around to see which ones.There's 5 1/2 months till opener.Iam sure there will be a plan to get paying tourists up here. Vaccines,rapid tests and prove of you itinerary might be a way in.Not going to open for cross border shopping or anything like that.Thats what iam hoping for anyways. Don't think the tourist business could take another year of shutdown.

12/2/20 @ 10:45 PM
Symmetre
USER SINCE 5/11/20

Canadian here. Not a chance the border will open for summer 2021. 

Trudeau has already said it's not going to happen until we've seen a couple months of covid truly being under control in both countries. Right now the timetable is for most of Canada to be vaccinated by September. Add a couple more months for things to stabilize, and it's 2022 before any realistic chance of the border re-opening.

Not what anyone wants to hear, but that's how it looks.

Here's one US take on it: https://www.twincities.com/2020/11/27/canadian-border-unlikely-to-reopen-anytime-soon/ 

11/26/20 @ 5:25 AM
Bigpike1
USER SINCE 2/28/02

I wouldn't be surprised to see the border closed through 2022. I also wouldn't be surprised if you have to show proof of a covid vaccine to cross whenever the crossing opens. I also wonder how the Canucks can so easily shut there border down hard but it seems so very difficult to close our southern border the same way. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

If you buy your trip in January we will probably hear a big sad story about how your deposit was not treated fairly by July. 

Good luck 

11/25/20 @ 11:12 PM
Phat Walleyes
Phat Walleyes
USER SINCE 3/31/15

These next few holidays are going to.be the next test... A lot of cabin fever and we're just beginning the winter season... Our spikes are on the holidays and this is no different because they are indoors...  Vaccine can't come soon enough... Will it be in time before the next spike? I don't think so... A month from now will be Christmas then New Years...  I think the spikes will be closer and bigger...

February and March will be the next big test... Hopefully there will be a nice silver lining cloud in the skies...

So my logic is wait and see what happens then...  If we are heading in the wrong direction with numbers, then you know the answer already... 

DISPLAYING 11 TO 16 OF 16 POSTS
Advertise here
Whether you’re looking to plan your next fishing trip, or just make the most of your time on the water, the Humminbird FishSmart app can help. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird FishSmart App
St. Croix's all-new series of technique-specific rods features extreme performance blanks and materials specific to each model. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Croix Custom Ice series
Minn Kota Ultra: Proven in the real world. Year after year. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Ultrex
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.