SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Indian chain

6/14/21 @ 8:48 AM
INITIAL POST
Oldlund57
User since 6/20/20

When the Border finally opens I had a trip booked for there last year just curious to how the fishing is on the chain mainly musky and walleye fishing was booked for early August. Deciding to still go there or somewhere else. 

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
7/8/21 @ 1:59 PM
mikegr
User since 2/18/17

I have fished it twice for musky and some walleye, PM me

7/8/21 @ 9:43 AM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
User since 5/6/16

I believe this is the Indian Chain of lakes just north of Vermilion Bay. It is a popular musky fishing body of water. High numbers of smaller fish. 

7/7/21 @ 10:09 PM
WWYH
User since 5/24/16

Curious on this as well. Have fished Upper and Middle Indian north of Ignace for many years. I have to disagree with Crawdaddy a bit. Early and late day on Indian are great. Mid day bite, especially if sunny out is tough. I usually trailer a boat to a different lake. Many more numbers of fish in lakes very near by. Indian does have some very nice fish in it however. My father 5 yrs ago pulled a 46” northern out of that body of water fishing for walleye on our first spot we stopped at for the week. Took a great picture of him with that fish. Might have been the last trip I took with him up there. He just turned 84 and it’s tougher for him to get around. Always a fun trip. Many great memories with him and friends up there. 

7/7/21 @ 8:11 PM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01

Is this by Ignace? If so, walleyes bite all day long there.  Lots of nice pike too.  

7/7/21 @ 3:03 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

That the place I would go if I wanted to have fun with musky, in numbers, while finding enough walleyes to eat when I'm up there.

I thought it was kind of perfect for that, and the lakes are smaller so that wind can't really keep you off the water.

6/15/21 @ 4:31 PM
Oldlund57
User since 6/20/20

Thanks for the info. Hopefully border opens sooner rather than later. 

6/14/21 @ 6:44 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Indian Lake Chain has excellent walleye fishing but you need to go early as the bite stops early also.Same goes for evening bite as it starts late.Works out if you want to spend your day time casting for skis.Plenty of them in most places you think they are. 

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE