SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Ice fishing Trip

10/22/19 @ 2:00 PM
INITIAL POST
ice_master
User since 1/11/08

Looking for info on ice fishing lake trout and walleye this winter. Looking to rent a cabin for a week and maybe a guide for a few days. Usually fish around the ignace/silver dollar area during the summer but never have ice fished up there. Anyone do any self guided/ semi guided trips up there? I have all the gear and can bring a snowmobile too. Probably be 3-4 of us going. Just looking for reasonable priced places that offer ice fishing. Any info helps. Feel free to on me.

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
11/11/19 @ 9:58 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Lakes are starting to freeze over.Pretty soon we will be able to travell on the ice and get some fresh fish for suppers.Have a few meals in the freezer but nothing better than fresh.-20c here today in Vermilion.Bay so some ice being built.Anyone needing any more info I am checking my messenger now.lol.

11/8/19 @ 9:52 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Ì have noticed the fishing posts are getting real slow.Weather here in the north has slowly been getting colder.My boat was put away a few weeks ago as the deer season took over.Whiçh is starting to heat up now.Pretty soon we will be able to ice fish again as our lakes will be frozen over once again.But hunting first for a while.

10/28/19 @ 9:23 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

I do guide.have a blog but not updated.but have a look.ill see if I can work on it.that or call me.

John's outdoor adventures

John 1-807-220-0860

10/28/19 @ 8:17 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

So do you guide or just fish for fun? If you guide you should post a link to your website! I'm hoping to make a canada trip next winter specifically targetting crappies. 

10/26/19 @ 2:54 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

I did say at times.lol.But yes there are some great days for them and they seem to quite larger than they usef to be in the early days.They are a lot of fun as you know.

10/25/19 @ 8:16 PM
csbadvisor
User since 12/1/09

You’re being a bit humble John.  I have seen pictures of your ice crappie ??

10/24/19 @ 7:29 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

I've been known to get into them at times.

10/24/19 @ 9:45 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11
Fishing guide - you know anyone who specializes in targeting those giant canadian crappies I've been seeing more of lately??
10/24/19 @ 5:15 AM
ice_master
User since 1/11/08

Thanks for the info guys! Fishinguidealso sent you a PM. Thanks 

10/22/19 @ 4:07 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Your talking my language here.Many ways to go.If you want to stay closer to Sioux Lookout let me know as I have friends there that take out guys in the winter.For my area around Vermilion Bay I would be available.Let me know about accomadations your looking for.Motel or stay at a camp.For a real ice fishing trip I would suggest 

www.clarksresorts.com

They just do it right.They have options.There base camp on the Indian Lake Chain has càbins in the winter and ice shacks within walking distance of the cabin with some vreat walleye and pike.If you have sleds you can day trip anywhere for lake trout.If you want a real adventure is suggest there trip to their Anishinabi Lodge.40 mile sled ride through some awesome country to their island camp.4 cabins in God's country and they have lakes that are awesome for what ever your after.definatly a bucket lust trip.message me for more info if you want.check out there site.

10/22/19 @ 3:39 PM
NARDA1
NARDA1
User since 3/27/11

Give Marcel a call at www.birchdalelodge.com 807-227-5262 

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE