SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Fishing License for 2020

6/23/20 @ 12:25 PM
INITIAL POST
wini
User since 3/27/06

Probably not going to happen, but I was thinking about the annual fishing license I purchased for my trips to Ontario this year. I guess I was a week or two early, just before the pandemic became a reality. Has anyone heard anything about Ontario honoring the license next year?

Displaying 1 to 15 of 17 posts
8/24/20 @ 2:10 PM
cle
User since 3/7/15

Just received my refund for my 1 year fishing licence for Ontario on my credit card. Only took 11 days from my initial call to MNR.

8/22/20 @ 7:49 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06

Thanks for all the info. I got through yesterday. Very nice person is sending me a check. 

Had to be an annual non-resident license purchased before outbreak. She wanted to refund to my credit card but it had been replaced so she is sending me a check. Hopefully, I will buy again next May. I will not but too early again!

8/18/20 @ 9:03 PM
Canada Bound
User since 2/19/10

I called in today it took about 35 minutes to get through to someone to talk to. As far as the fishing and small game license I always buy the three-year seasonal license for each for a non-resident. At this point they aren’t doing any refunds for anyone that missed this year and held a three-year license. However the nonresident bear license I bought in the middle of March they were willing to refund the money for that I just have to mail the license into them and they will credit my credit card.

8/16/20 @ 7:56 AM
cle
User since 3/7/15

Canada Bound

Did you have any luck calling in ?

8/13/20 @ 6:47 AM
cle
User since 3/7/15

wini

You have to call.

8/13/20 @ 2:16 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06

Must I call and ask for refund or will it be automatic? I purchased a nonresident license for the entire year.

8/11/20 @ 6:31 PM
Canada Bound
User since 2/19/10

That’s good to know. Thanks for inquiring. I purchased the season fishing license, a small game license, and a bear license so I’ll try for all three.

8/11/20 @ 5:08 PM
cle
User since 3/7/15

I spoke to MNR yesterday and they told me they are refunding licences for US residents that bought the fishing licence online before the border closure. They said they would refund my credit card in 4 to 6 weeks. the phone numbers are 1 800 387-7011 or 1 800 667-1940. I suggest to call early since they are swamped with calls. If line is busy keep calling and you will get through. Follow the prompts and you may have to wait on hold. Shad looks like you were wrong regarding refunds. Thanks to NOTO for pushing them to do the refunds.

6/25/20 @ 9:55 PM
Shad
User since 8/27/01
We have a different opinion and choose not to support them.  For what it is worth, they can take the spring hunt away as they have reduced our tags as we are too successful anyways!
6/25/20 @ 9:26 PM
Canada Bound
User since 2/19/10

I doubt anything will be refunded. I was even stupid enough to buy my bear hunting license in the middle of March when I was up ice fishing. I wanted the license so I could get my bear bait out early ??‍??

6/25/20 @ 11:44 AM
cle
User since 3/7/15

Shad

Maybe you should consider joining NOTO since they lobby the MNR for all the American and Canadian lodge owners and outfitters. They are pushing MNR for a credit or refund on licenses. NOTO was also very instrumental in getting the spring bear hunt reinstated.

6/24/20 @ 9:52 PM
Shad
User since 8/27/01

We do not belong to NOTO.  Ask your outfitter how he is going to meet face to face to get his paperwork and pay for services as the MNR is still working from home, at least out of Hearst they are.

6/24/20 @ 3:59 PM
cle
User since 3/7/15

Shad

I had a Canadian lodge owner tell me that. Are you a member of NOTO ?

6/24/20 @ 3:44 PM
Shad
User since 8/27/01

Absolutely no way they will do that.  I, as an outfitter must pay all of my fees for my hunts by the end of the year, or it will revert back to the crown.  Plus the MNR workers ares still at home, no way to meet them to pay fees.  Since we are US resident outfitters, our customers are gone due to Covid, so we are here with no end in sight.  

So good luck with your license refund, I just hope some way we can get our outfitting fees paid, but then again government finds ways to get the hard workers of the world!

6/23/20 @ 2:59 PM
cle
User since 3/7/15

I heard that they were considering a refund.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 17 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE