Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Edward Lake Ice Fishing

12/5/19 @ 6:42 AM
ORIGNAL POST
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Decided to go fish over at KC,s Landing yesterday afternoon.Talked with Wayne earlier and I was told the walleyes started biting at 3:30 so I ended up getting there around 3.With a foot of ice on the lake you còuld drive out to the shacks.i set up and dropped a 1/8 oz jig and minnow down in the 19 ft depth and tightened up line and instantly had a walleye.This went on for a solid hour of non stop action.got some great eating fish as most walleyes were in the 15-16" range.Got one 24" pike as well.After 4:30 things slowed down.I packed up my stuff around 5 and headed home.Pretty dark already and a nice veiw of the camp in the back ground with the lights on.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
12/15/19 @ 6:09 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

So i think even though i could fish from the shack ill wait till the weather improves.Shack is off the ice by a foot right and not enough snow around it to keep wind out so it gets cold in there even with a heater.No rush plenty of time and better weather is on its way.

12/9/19 @ 8:43 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Did end up going over to KC,s landing on Edward Lake this afternoon.Pretty cool day up here in Canada.-20/25c with the wind chill.Glad i can drive within 10 ft crom the ice shack door.lol.Was a little on the cool side insidr but got the heater going first and then got my stuff out.Used a chartrues/orange 1/8 oz jig that a freind makes and before the shack even warmed up i had my 4 eaters in 4 drops.got to love that.Had a chance to use my hook 7 and after tuning it up it worked great.has a split screen for the ice mode.so regular screen plus the flasher. Great unit as itcwas this summer.Figure i must have brought up 40 plus fish from 3:30-5:30.They were still biting but left to make it home for Monday Night Football. 

12/9/19 @ 7:08 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Colder temperatures have arrived and will build some good  ice as our snow load is still only a few inches.Headed to the ice shack hopefully later in the afternoon and see if there's a few fish and try out my hook 7 which I've turned into a portable unit.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.