SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Edward Lake Ontario Fishing Reports

2/14/19 @ 10:20 AM
INITIAL POST
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Last couple times out was good but slower than earlier.only catchiñv 20-30 in a few hours.Got out last Friday on a low pressure day and right from start it was as fast as you could drop jig and bring fish up.lots of eaters this time along with some some 25"plus fish and decent size perch and some muskies got in on the act.need to put Clarke's KC landing on your radar.Short 100 yd walk or drive on plowed rd to shack.power'free minnows and lots of fish.only one party at a time.NO crowds.

Edward Lake Ontario Fishing Reports photo by fishguidealso
Displaying 1 to 15 of 35 posts
2/21/20 @ 8:29 AM
INITIAL POST
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Fished the shack yesterday from 1-5.Very good action right away.Walleyes moved in and out a number of times so good action than zero action.Tried jerking some pike lures but didnt get any action doing that.But got to try all kinds of jigs and lures in the 4 hrs.Every lure caught a fish when they showed back up on the sonar.Darker colors were definatly best and tail hooked also seemed best.warming trend here and very windy yesterday so stayed in shack and didnt drill any outside.

2/16/20 @ 12:58 PM
INITIAL POST
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Went to ice shack with my wife yesterday.Got there at 3 and fished till 5.Not fast but very steady and she had a great time.Dark blue jig did the trick otger colors turned them off,kinda interesting. Tried the vibratos but they didnt want anything to do with those.Mostly 13-15" walleyes which is just fine with us.She had one huge fish on that eventually cut the line so either a muskue or another big pike.to bad.Super windy also with 50 km gust.Glad to be inside a shack and winddrifts were closing up the road to the shacks in a hurry. Always a treat to be able to fish there and only 1/2 hr from our house.I didnt fish much but when i did i managed a smaller pike.Looks like a walleye dinner tonight.

2/11/20 @ 12:11 AM
INITIAL POST
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Another good time at the ice shack on Edward Lake.Wasnt super fast but fairly steady.Jig and minnow seemed they didnt want so i changed to using some 1/8 oz vibrato lures in a few colors but the perch color seemed to do the best.Got to work that lure pretty aggressively but worth the effort when tgey work.They take it hard.Ended up doing good and a hooked the biggest pike so far to.Heck of a fight that big old girl gave me.Lots of ice fishing left and Clarks have a good system going there.If your looking for some good fishing check them out.

www.clarksresorts.com

2/6/20 @ 12:23 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Theres a motel in vermilion bay or check clarks out they have cabin available.use of the ice shack included in that and free minnows. If you want to venture out on your sleds good fishing near by.

2/6/20 @ 12:04 PM
noles213
User since 8/27/15

Thanks for the info! I’m living life thru u for know till I can get up there! 

2/6/20 @ 11:14 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

We around 20+ good inches.Really not much slush anywhere.we also dont have much snow so thats keeping the weight off the ice.Even some spots that have slush its not bad.

2/6/20 @ 9:28 AM
noles213
User since 8/27/15

Nice catch there. How much ice u got out there on Edward? A lot of slush? 

2/5/20 @ 9:56 PM
INITIAL POST
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

got out around 2 today on Edward Lake for some walleye.Action was pretty fast but only lasted 1/2 hr but got my supper and got into a good pike.Maybe thats why bite slowed.lol.anyways nice to get out slow or fast.always fun.

1/21/20 @ 9:49 PM
INITIAL POST
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Went to tge ice shack today around 3 and fished till 5.Had great action for first hour tgen it slowed right down.might of been a muskie came as i had on what felt like a big one for 15 minutes or so till she bit me off.Managed around 20 walleyes when going was good.active fish where up higher again and ones on the bottom would not bite.Nice to get out.weather is awesome and few of us are heading out for trout tomorrow. Does seem some bigger walleyes are starting to show up now.reports are also a lot of slush is showing up especially trout lakes that dont have as much ice as walleye lakes.guess we will find out.

1/16/20 @ 2:14 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Couple of more pics.Good sized eaters.

1/16/20 @ 11:19 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Ill watch for you to.same boat.Lucky son in law.bring your bag lighters.lol.

1/16/20 @ 10:55 AM
csbadvisor
User since 12/1/09

You bet Jon

Arrive May 30th for a week on Cedar Lake. Bringing up new son-in-law, deal is marry my daughter and get first trip on me!!  I'll keep an eye out for you

1/15/20 @ 11:47 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

You got that right ken.Was fun explaining what to expect up here.Never get tired of that.The days went fast.Always nice to get back home though.You booked in again this summer.

1/15/20 @ 10:37 AM
csbadvisor
User since 12/1/09

Jon

What's better than talking to people about catching  fish.

Answer

CATCHING FISH!!!!.   Nice Walleye's

1/14/20 @ 10:51 PM
INITIAL POST
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Had a great week at tbe st charles sportshow.Met up with a fee lakelinkers and had some good discussions.Just got back late last night after dodging a few moose on hwy 502.But a safe trip.Brought clarks car back this evening to their camp on Edward Lake as i left my truck there and had all my fishing gear in the back seat.lol.Headed into the shack around 3 and caught a walleye on first drop and she was a dandy as were a few more.very aggressive and active in around 10-12 ft in 20 ft of water.Caught a lot of fish in 2 hrs on both a nig and minnow and a vibrato.Id say every time i let a lure down i would catch one.Took 4 smaller eaters home and will have a fresh supper tomorrow night.Been looking forward to that all week.This was the best fishing i have had so far this year.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 35 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE