SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Eagle Lake

7/8/20 @ 8:58 AM
INITIAL POST
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Awesome day on Eagle yesterday. Launched at Temple Bay Lodge and made a big circle around lake.Humps didnt produce much so hit the weed beds.Seemed all tge walleyes are hiding in them.Really fast action and some nice perch to.Warm water still and seems fly hatch is over.76 f on main lake and some 80 f in the bays. Still pretty good day with a 30"as a bonus. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 30 posts
3/3/24 @ 8:24 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13
A good couple of days of Ice fishing video from Temple Bay Lodge, Eagle Lake ​and area honey holes for lake trout and crappies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saIGT1viAec
8/11/23 @ 11:49 AM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13
Hockey Guy,
It’s a special place in a special part of the world!
Glad everything worked out. 
One of our favorite guides at TB said the fishing will only get better the next couple of years with bigger Walleyes because of the Covid two years of little fishing. When we were there July 9th, he had already had 45 days were he had had 200 fish in the boat in a day this year. Usually he said he would have had 10-15 days of 200 fish In the boat during the same time. He has been there 30 years so he has been around the block a few times.
11 months to our return trip!
Regards,
Deerlake
8/11/23 @ 10:25 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
For real...last ones I promise
This northern hit at about 8:30PM as we were trolling back to the lodge the night before we left, pretty much right off the end of the dock. Talk about a great way to end a trip!  Wish I had taken a pic of the 4" husky jerk in its mouth as it completely engulfed it. Thankfully the rear treble was not deep, allowing for an easy release. 
Eagle Lake photo by hockeyguy39
8/11/23 @ 9:47 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
last ones
8/11/23 @ 9:44 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
few more
8/11/23 @ 9:42 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
more pics
8/11/23 @ 9:42 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
More pics
8/11/23 @ 9:39 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
First off, Deerlake, thank you so much for the information via PM. Truly an absolutely amazing time. We had Kat as our server as well and my dad was excited to be able to put the two years of German language courses back in the 80s to use lol.
Fishing was nothing short of incredible for us. We admittedly have low standards but this place is otherworldly. Scary thought....I have zero doubt there are days/stretches of days where the fishing is even better!  We caught so many walleyes it was crazy. Sure, lots of little ones but enough decent ones to keep us interested. Mostly all vertical jigging the humps, although some came when casting it out and hopping it back. Also got a few on Mepps in the weeds while looking for pike which was a bit of a surprise. My dad and I didn't land any big pike, but we were on a boat that caught a 39" while jigging and a 38" while casting a Mepps #5. Truly massive creatures. Guy who caught the 38" got another 38" jigging a couple days later too. Our big fish was my dad's PB 29 1/2" eye on our first day while we were out solo. I also had about a 45" ski on for a few minutes. Turns out it grabbed a 15" eye as soon as I set the hook. Let go about 10 feet from the boat and hung around for a few seconds. Still a super cool experience even if my cameraman isn't adept at filming lol. 
Also got my share of nice smallies over the course of the week! it wasn't a LOT of action, but what action I did find was awesome. Nothing like having one smash a Mepps before you can even begin retrieving it. All but one were caught REALLY shallow on rock, including two within a hundred yards of the end of the dock. Last one was caught on a husky jerk along the edge of reed bed. My dad even got a nice one on a ....red eye spoon lol.  Something he's had in his tackle box for over 30 years...and this was the first fish on it!
Already booked for next year with my mom joining us. Can't wait to see the smiles on HER face!
7/24/23 @ 12:35 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13
Hockey Guy,
I responded to the info you requested!
Have fun!
7/24/23 @ 7:53 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
DeerLake1, I sent you a PM. 
7/16/23 @ 8:57 AM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13
Mr Carpet Man you are correct.
7/16/23 @ 7:29 AM
Wharf Dwarf II
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/10
Hey Deerlake  I just talked with Anklam. Are you Kevin F ?  This is bill McCartney from Westfield 
7/15/23 @ 9:30 AM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13
Final update from Eagle Lake trip 2023 to TB
Thursday supper time thunderstorms passed and five of our guys went out in two boats.
one went to Viking and did some trolling and got a 23” eye and some smaller ones.
The other boat went to one our favorite spots and caught over 20 eyes on jig and minnows, with one being a 29 1/2” eye. All released.
No flys or mosquitoes!.
Off some of the humps that are next to deep water that we fish there were some mayfly hatching but it didn’t slow our fishing success down near those humps. Most of our success was in  21’ to 28’ feet of water. 3/8oz jigs worked best this week with the wild winds on Monday and Thursday. Chartreuse jig with red eye and black center with red hook-was the hot color and jig. 8” walleyes to the 29 1/2” walleye. Walleyes caught by the hundreds this week for nine guys. Stupid crazy excellent fishing All week. Every hump had fish on it, some more than others. Just kept moving on the humps till we found them. Started high and worked down.
No shortage of boat traffic on the lake. Lots of Muskie hunters out and about. 
Lots of  traffic pulling boats heading north on 502 and 53 in Minnesota as we headed south toward home yesterday. Holiday gas station in International Falls what a gold mine. Border crossing coming home not even 90 seconds for five guys.
Good luck to all and safe travels. We were blessed this week to have such good success but also safe travels for many of us in our 70’s.
Regards to All!
7/13/23 @ 5:30 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13
Hockey guy.
Strictly all walleye fishing. Incidental northerns taken while walleye fishing, of our nine guys two northerns 34”off humps this week the biggest ones so far with tonite to be the final night if the thunderstorms go away. We were in Kennedy bay looking for weeds and walleyes today to get out of the 25 mph winds and my partner put on a 1/8 oz pink jig and white plastic curly tail looking for preach and caught a 28” northern on first cast. Released as in the slot, didn’t see a smally all week. A lot of northern cut offs during the week as expected. Water is a foot low from normal is what they are telling us.
Water temps 67 degrees today. Cold hard thunderstorms right now  at 5:23.
Caught and released over 80 walleyes today. Lots of small ones but got our 17”inches to take home. Caught about a dozen 19” to 23” slotters today. Released a 24”3/4 this morning.
Traveling home tomorrow.
Had a great stay at TB. Food was always good before but they have up graded it.
 I like my sweets!  All fresh homemade deserts. Outstanding! Marianne doing an outstanding job with the fresh baked deserts , rolls and deserts! Cookie jars always filled with fresh free cookies!
Any other questions? if I can help let me know.
DeerLake
7/13/23 @ 11:52 AM
MCZ82
User since 6/27/18
I should be fishing a day there next week.  For muskys....
Can report back after,
Displaying 1 to 15 of 30 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE