SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Eagle Lake Island Fire

6/1/23 @ 4:20 AM
INITIAL POST
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

Temple Bay Lodge has a short video on Facebook about some knuckleheads that had an old fashioned wood and grate shore-lunch and started a fire on a (used to be) very nice shore lunch island and then it jumped to the mainland. I think it was near the Midway area of the lake. Looks like a Temple Boat took some of the firefighters out to fight the fire. Good effort by all involved to control a hazardous situation.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
6/3/23 @ 3:33 PM
Esox JJ
PRO MEMBER User since 6/4/05
After seeing the basket of walleye fillets, I want some. I've seen pictures that Jeff has posted in the past of the new lodge. It is very nice. Maybe some day I'll get back there. Good luck fishing.
6/2/23 @ 7:52 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13
JJ - Good to hear from you!
We went back last year to Temple Bay. 14 of us drove up in trucks. After Covid we couldn’t get enough guys to go up on a bus. Same Thing this year. Last year we all stayed in the Eagles Nest the lodge they built for Ice Fishing but also for large groups.
Spectacular place to stay in. I guess being in my 70’s I like the comfort of home when away from home. Good luck chasing those musky’s! It’s unbelievable how many big ones they are catching on Eagle. I attached some photos of the lodge.

Eagle Lake Island Fire photo by Deerlake1
6/1/23 @ 8:05 AM
Esox JJ
PRO MEMBER User since 6/4/05
Deerlake, I saw that video. Good job by the firefighters getting it put out. I haven't been up there since before covid. A few things have changed and I'm not sure when I'll be able to go up there again. My wife and I bought a cabin in Star Lake Wisconsin, so I'll be fishing there. There's a lot of nice walleye and muskie lakes within minutes from the door. You go get them walleyes that are in Eagle. 
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE