Oops... Border. I'm going to cross Aug. 20th. Ill have test done and I am fully vaxed. Whoever crosses first let me know how it goes.
Crossing the boarder in 2021
just got off the phone with my camp owners and here is what they told me about what is required to cross the border. This is coming from their conversations with both Canadian officials and the US Border Patrol. This info is "as of today", things could change moving forward.
First off, you will NOT need a negative Covid test to return to the US.
Again, you will NOT need a negative Covid test to return to the US.
To enter Canada will need the following:
- Be fully vaccinated at least 14 days before entering Canada.
- A negative PCR test no more then 72 hours before arriving at the border
- You’ll need to submit your vaccination and negative test information on ArriveCAN within 72 hours before your arrival to Canada.
- Have proof of vaccination, Negative test, and approval from ArriveCAN either paper or digital when arriving at the border.
- Have no symptoms upon arrival.
- Provide a quarantine plan in case requirements are not met upon arrival.
They will be conducting random testing at the border. Should you be selected, you will be directed to a testing site and then be allowed to proceed to your destination while they process your test. They will contact you by phone or thru your providers with the results.
Have a reservation 14-21st of August it doesn't sound like the border is open coming home yet. I read an article they punted on the decision until Aug 21st. Would very much love to hear how things go for anyone that goes, have another reservation early Sept i am crossing my fingers for. I have had the same experiences with the Arrive can site, i am hoping they are going to make some changes? The early reports said you had to have your vac records uploaded no less than 14 days prior and cant get past step 2 unless your within 72 hours.
You can only upload your information to the AriveCAN app 72hrs prior to crossing.
Does anyone know where to go to upload your vaccination records. I have tried the ArriveCan portal but get stuck at step three. Arrival date and time. If I am correct we have to have the records uploaded 14 days ahead of arrival. Or do I have it wrong?
Oops Border ??