SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Cliff Lake Ontario Fishing Reports - Cliff Lake Resorts

6/21/14 @ 6:22 PM
INITIAL POST
Tyler Trampe
User since 7/20/08
Check out what is happening on Cliff Lake with their "Camp Update" videos. A pretty cool way to see whats being caught and what techniques are working. Check it out!!! http://youtu.be/W2mcRliFTyc
Cliff Lake Ontario Fishing Reports - Cliff Lake Resorts photo by Cliff Lake Resorts
Displaying 1 to 15 of 67 posts
2/24/20 @ 12:43 PM
Tyler Trampe
User since 7/20/08

FYI we got Lakers!

1/7/20 @ 6:40 PM
Tyler Trampe
User since 7/20/08

Another great episode on what makes Cliff Lake a great destination!     

4/3/19 @ 8:17 PM
Tyler Trampe
User since 7/20/08

Check out the walleye action on one of the many cache/portage lakes Cliff Lake Resorts has to offer!

2/15/19 @ 12:06 PM
Tyler Trampe
User since 7/20/08

Easily the hardest fighting fish in NW Ontario!  Check out this episode of Sportsman's Journal on Cliff Lake - Lake Trout!

1/18/19 @ 9:31 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

I've been fishing these lakes a long time and have seen them get busier every year.times change.

1/18/19 @ 6:57 PM
bob66
User since 3/6/12

sorry John, I wasn't trying to imply that at all; there is just lots of water on Lac Seul to  explore if someone wants to.   I fished out there last September and have fished out there almost exclusively in September .  It has definitely seems to be getting busier each September, but it's still possible, and pretty easy, to get away from crowded spots.  I made a special trip to Cliff last July (4th of July week) and fished on both Cliff and Lac Seul; this was my first trip in July.   The fishing was great on Lac Seul but it was really...really busy.  I couldn't believe that I had to slow to an idle to get into the Bay Islands because so many people were fishing right at the mouth.  But, even Cliff was a little busy that week, but definitely nothing even remotely close to the business of Lac Seul that week.  But, as I said the walleye fishing was fantastic .  Look, I can be happy fishing any lake in that region...at most anytime of year.  Better fishing and less crowded than most lakes here in WI.

1/18/19 @ 5:54 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Bob.your trying to tell me there's less pressure on lac suel.when was the last time you fished there.

1/18/19 @ 3:56 PM
bob66
User since 3/6/12

Yep, Lac Seul is my go to walleye lake plus the landing just opposite (North) of Fisherman's Cove is good but can be pretty busy at times.  From what I hear, Cedar is a good walleye lake too and really close by.  Launch is on Cedar is good too  I have only muskie fished on Cedar but the walleye fishman seem to be all over the place.  I would recommend Lac Seul simply because you can get away from people where as Cedar this is a little harder.   

1/18/19 @ 3:20 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Have had many slams on cedar.but a pike seems to be hardest to get for me.

1/18/19 @ 3:16 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

It's either  crappie or a muskie.

1/18/19 @ 2:11 PM
csbadvisor
User since 12/1/09

Fishguide,  I have had 4/5 ths of a Slam on Cedar, bet you know the 1/5 I didn't catch 

1/18/19 @ 12:18 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Cb you will have a great time there.iike going there to get the slam in one day.

Muskie

Pike

Trout

Bass 

And walleye

Have had many slams there.fun trying to get them in a day.

1/18/19 @ 10:36 AM
csbadvisor
User since 12/1/09

Tyler,  Keep up your great posts.  I enjoy viewing and they are well done.  I have fished next door on Cedar for 19 years.  Gonna spend a few days on Cliff as it's a 10 min. drive to lauch the boat.  It's a nice change and challange to fish new water.

1/18/19 @ 10:31 AM
fishingMN4eyes
fishingMN4eyes
User since 7/27/17
Bob66, that was basically the same sentiment my dad had after going there one time a few years back. I'm not sure where they stayed but after the first day of catching one walleye they decided to talk to the camp owner. They asked where they could catch walleye and he replied, "Lac Seul". They put the boat on the trailer, drove up the highway to Goose Bay, and killed it.
1/17/19 @ 12:34 PM
bob66
User since 3/6/12

fishingguidealso gives a very fair assessment of the lake.  I have been going to and staying on Cliff for 20 years and enjoy fishing this lake in pretty much the same way as fishingguidealso does but I am just a weekend warrior.   I typically use Cliff as my base and then travel (I always bring my own boat)  to other lakes to target other species.  I know you can catch walleyes on Cliff but there are so....so many better walleye lakes within a 5-30 minutes vehicle ride that I don't bother with walleyes on Cliff.  

Displaying 1 to 15 of 67 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE