SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Cedar Lake

7/16/21 @ 8:48 AM
INITIAL POST
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Got out on Cedar yesterday with my wife.Strictly a casting day for muskie.Seen a dozen but wife managed one fish.Great day though.hazy smoke in the area most days but get breaks when wind direction changes.Caught a number of smaller pike throughout the day and one decent one to.Fishing walleye has been very good so far to but now water temps are climbing into 77 F and lots of hot weather with no rain.Lakes are all down and dropping still.Fires all over.Need rain real bad to help with the fires.having trouble today uploading pics.Ill try put a couple up later.

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
9/30/21 @ 3:27 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Great spot early in season and right now.9

9/29/21 @ 6:24 AM
csbadvisor
User since 12/1/09

Jon,

I recognize that grass in the background.  Thanks for the update and photos.  Hope to check that spot out first week of June 2022!

9/28/21 @ 7:29 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Got out with my wife on Cedar on Sunday.Bite was about as fast as I've seen it.Drop jig and half the time it didn't make it to the bottom if it did and you tightened line tgere would be one one.Very shallow bite now.Almost like spring fishing. My days are now numbered allthough lake is busiest i seen it since border opened.Will get our for a sòlo trip tomorrow for some muskie and some catch and release walleye.Havnt been to other end so don't know how busy it is there but clarks is full.Our gardens need to be turned over I have fire wood in yard that needs to be bucked up and need to go get manure for the gardens.Grouse season is open and will have to get on my deer bait sites.New scope on my rifle needs to be tuned in.Ill squeeze a day in here and there.Our weather is fantastic so gave to take advantage of it.

CB this is close to spot you gave me bag full of lighters.lol.

9/20/21 @ 1:25 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

See I havnt been on here for a while.Ill you a update.Fishing has been solid on all sections of the lake.Been busy and have guided at 4 camps.Camps are all still very quite.Only few guests at each camp so lake is not busy with boats.I see a lot of muskie fisherman and not many walleye guys.Walleye fishing is absolutly fantastic.Not all spots but if you know a location its nuts.My guests and I went through 7 doz minnows by noon yesterday and ran out.Can find them in 8ft to 24 ft.No need to go any deeper and kill them.Was like that all last week to.Muskie also has been awesome.Crew I had last week put 12 in the boat and had numerous follows and fish that got off.Crappies are slow but get some but they are really spread out.Been catching big perch in amongst the walleyes.Do catch bass also.weather has been good with lots of wind and rain today.Water temps in the mid sixties.Had a 29c day yesterday and was back in shorts by noon.Just awesome.rest of this week decent but windy.Cedar couple more days.One day Eagle and back on Cedar.

9/10/21 @ 1:55 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Be nice to get back to more normall next season if that's possible.Still very slow here since border opened. Few boats on lakes but no where near normall.

9/9/21 @ 3:33 PM
csbadvisor
User since 12/1/09

Been going to Cedar Lake Camp for 20 years been thru 2 owners.  Both were great hosts and confident new family will keep that tradition.  Many repeat customers I’m sure they will want to please and keep em coming back.  I do feel bad for last owners, very nice young family, the last two seasons  must have been tough on them.  As it has been tough on all owners, guides or any business dependent on fishing and hunting revenue

9/8/21 @ 7:42 AM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

thank you fishguidealso, am sure it will be a smooth transition and hopefully next year will be back in the swing of things.

good luck to you and your family

9/7/21 @ 1:54 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

I talk to Wayne Clark yesterday and he did tell me it was sold and will be run by a Canadian family.tgere will be only one US run camp on the lake now and that one is for sale rifht now to.

9/4/21 @ 8:23 AM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

fishguidealso...I see Cedar Lake Camp sold again..are the new owners Canadian? really doesn't matter but family is scheduled to be there next June (hopefully)....curiosity killed the cat they say....thanks in advance if you have info on that.

good luck!

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE