SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Cedar Lake

5/27/20 @ 6:32 PM
INITIAL POST
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Wife a i got out on Cedar for some walleye.Walleyes have drop down in depth a bit now.Averaging 10-12 ft.Had a good bite with mainly all èater sized fish.We decided to head into Nelson lake and and play with some crappies. Wster temps in there was 67f.Perfect temp.Crappies didnt disappoint us.We worked 5 spots in there and you couldnt keep them off the hook.My wives first experience with spawning crappies as i normally would be out guiding.We both probably caught 100 each on a slip bobber.Always a treat to hit the crappies.So much fun and was so relaxing with no boats trying to crowd in.we only kept one limit of 15 fish and all good sized fish.

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
6/2/20 @ 12:08 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

It has come up a bit now.So basically normal level now.Can run into nelson Lake fast.

6/2/20 @ 7:48 AM
port1042
PRO MEMBER User since 2/11/12

Thanks for the reports. How is the water level?

6/1/20 @ 9:02 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Got out yesterday.Nice weather and only a ripple on the lake.Fishing was pretty good although the last two days of cold had a effect on fishing and had to go looking for fish.Crappies were off there beds and walleyes were tough to come by.We did good as the day went on.Walleyes were both shallow and then some were in 15-20 ft.we basically slip bobbered most of the day.Relaxing way to fish.Made the run down to peephole and also fished most of the east end plus we tried Nelson lake. Did great in walleyes in there but they were mostly smaller.Smallies were everywhere we fished.Nit on beds but fairky shallow.Water temps on main lake dropped to 57f from 65 last week so that made it tough.even back bays where only 60f-62f so not good.Love a challenge though.Wife pulled through again catching everything.lol.Try to go someplace in next ciuple of days.Thinking Indian Lake chain in couple of days but will have to get up early to catch walleyes there with that early bite.

5/31/20 @ 10:22 PM
bassball
User since 7/25/07

Guide   beautiful crappies. Please keep up the report's.  We are living vicariously through them. Stay well. 

5/28/20 @ 8:01 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

We had a nice day Ken.Crappies are spawning early this year.Normally they would have spawned next week.Hàvnt been to peephole yet.Maybe next trip.Might launch from Keystone and save on some fuel.At least gas is under a buck a ltr.Still to high when oil is worth nothing.Iam still hoping for fall that i get some guiding in but who knows.Hooe you get to fish closer to home.

5/28/20 @ 7:16 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

I hear mostly negative comments from everyone in fishing industry.Lots of things need to be put in place before the border opens.first would be to have the camps deemed essential which they are not right now.Border issues are a mess.Toronto is a mess and we are part of Ontario.So live by what happens there.US cases are still high to.Both would have to drop a lot first.Can only hope right now but i think border opening will be extended again

5/27/20 @ 9:35 PM
doorman
doorman
PRO MEMBER User since 12/28/06

Thanks for the report and pics Jon. I love reading your reports.

What do you here from resort owners in the area about border opening June 21st? Will it happen? 

The Resort Association has to be pushing for it.

5/27/20 @ 8:26 PM
csbadvisor
User since 12/1/09

Cedar Lake Crappie, nothing more fun!!
Thanks for the memories Jon

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE