Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Silver Dollar Area Ontario

5/21/04 @ 11:46 AM
ORIGINAL POST
JEP
User since 10/19/01
Just interested to see if anyone fishes this area of Ontario. My group will be making it's 12th trip to the area later this summer. We stay at Moose Creek Camp about 8 miles north of Silver Dollar. We fish a number of different lakes in this area. Some of our favorites are Wintering, Sowden, Sturgeon, Young and Watcomb. I would enjoy comparing ideas and stories with fisherman who have spent time in this area. JEP

DISPLAYING 41 TO 50 OF 1,100 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/13/20 @ 4:59 PM
James Mac
User since 5/12/20

Well, I guess this comes as no surprise. It is preliminary, but likely will become reality.

Darn it!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-canada-us-border-expected-to-stay-closed-to-non-essential-travel-to/

5/13/20 @ 8:41 AM
ResQ91
ResQ91
User since 4/3/05

Also had to jump in.

This would have been my 32nd consecutive year to the area. So very disappointed and more sorry for the wonderful friends we all enjoy seeing again while there.

These folks really depend on our visits to make it through the year.

We ended up renting a cabin on Winnibigoshish in N. MN for a few days next week to at least salvage our yearly sanity break. Lookin like weather will be nice too.. Will enjoy bringing back plenty of fillets as consolation.

I am so gonna miss the Lakers though......

5/12/20 @ 10:21 PM
Canada Bound
User since 2/19/10

I’ve been going up to the Silver dollar area the End of May since since 1999. I am trying to be optimistic but who knows what will happen. I heard that there are border meetings this week and there should be a decision by the end of the week if the border closure will be extended. I purchased a cabin up there a few years ago and it really sucks big time not being able to go and spend time there.

5/12/20 @ 9:38 PM
James Mac
User since 5/12/20

Hey Everyone...My first post ! I've been following this forum for a while and always enjoyed the content many of you posted. Anyway, I'm seeing the disappointment from you and can certainly relate as this is such a great area to go to. This would have been my 15th year going for the opener in the Silver Dollar area where I should be leaving tomorrow. Sad to think there'll be no memories made this year. 

Usually, I get to the area about four times a year with the last trip in mid September. I hope I'm wrong, but it's hard to be optimistic I'll be going at all. 

Take care Everyone,

James Mac

5/12/20 @ 8:13 PM
Jibberish
User since 5/29/06

Had hoped that things would open up for our June 6 trip this year. Now hoping Young Lake can cram as many groups as possible in for the end of summer, if that will even happen. Thanks for the info guys!

5/12/20 @ 7:13 PM
brownbear
User since 3/17/12

This would have been my 15th straight year going up to God's country. My group was supposed to head up on May 30th also. It just sucks. I reserved a cabin in northern Mn for my plan B. I'm going to try and make a late summer/early fall trip to Canada. 

5/12/20 @ 1:15 PM
cle
User since 3/7/15

The Premier of Ontario has a 4 phase plan which I believe is a 14 day quarantine for each phase. If this is true it would wipe out June and July. I have a close friend who owns a lodge on Eagle Lake and he said NOTO is pushing hard to change that.

5/12/20 @ 12:30 PM
Remi
User since 3/23/05

We are supposed to leave May 30th, but I'm starting to think about Plan B options.  Haven't missed the yearly trip since we started about 20 years, great memories, fun to look at the pictures over the years. 

5/11/20 @ 2:57 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

Doesn't look good for border opening.

Not sure you have seen this posted on May 8. When the Premier of Ontario says he against the border opening I would think there would be some weight behind that. Also they have a 14 day quarantine in Canada. It could all change quickly or it couldn't. I had plans for June 23. It's not happening for our group.

https://www.iheartradio.ca/virginradio/ontario-premier-adamant-he-doesn-t-want-canada-u-s-border-to-open-1.12363882

5/11/20 @ 1:14 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

One of my family members owns a place up there. He said that he heard that they may open the border after Memorial Day. 

We were supposed to leave on Thursday to be up there for the walleye opener. Pretty bummed about it. 

DISPLAYING 41 TO 50 OF 1,100 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.