Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Silver Dollar Area Ontario

5/21/04 @ 10:46 AM
ORIGINAL POST
JEP
USER SINCE 10/19/01
Just interested to see if anyone fishes this area of Ontario. My group will be making it's 12th trip to the area later this summer. We stay at Moose Creek Camp about 8 miles north of Silver Dollar. We fish a number of different lakes in this area. Some of our favorites are Wintering, Sowden, Sturgeon, Young and Watcomb. I would enjoy comparing ideas and stories with fisherman who have spent time in this area. JEP

DISPLAYING 30 TO 39 OF 1,152 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

7/16/21 @ 9:04 PM
Canada Bound
USER SINCE 2/19/10

I’m planning on waiting in line whenever it opens, sounds like August 15. I will be spending a few weeks at the cabin how it looks! I have had a big grin all day ever since I heard the news. Sounds like the details will be coming out Monday!????

7/16/21 @ 1:37 PM
IAFishHawk
IAFishHawk
USER SINCE 8/4/16

Looks like September on Sturgeon just might happen!

7/16/21 @ 6:40 AM
James Mac
USER SINCE 5/12/20

I’m kinda liking this news.  The finish line is in sight. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-us-border-vaccinations-1.6105110?fbclid=IwAR1H7Jb64KUmHOR_MvhLDUlmpTCXtHesCPWPUOGpTptdEVWwlEdBBvFd490

7/15/21 @ 8:29 AM
14ftdown
14ftdown
USER SINCE 3/3/04

323 days for me. I will get the shot if need be.

6/5/21 @ 4:49 PM
brownbear
USER SINCE 3/17/12

This really sucks!!! My group should be up there right now injoying the Canadian wilderness. Hoping they open this so summer for a early fall trip.

5/27/21 @ 12:50 PM
Allycatd
USER SINCE 4/26/21

Jimmy Mac I sent you a message request!!  Can give you more info there if you like!!

5/26/21 @ 10:58 AM
Allycatd
USER SINCE 4/26/21

Jimmy Mac

There are only two cabins on Bell. One belongs to the Wisconsin Fish and Game Club which is on the southwest part of the big lake. Our cabin is on the top of the notheast corner. Basically straight up from where Bell breaks off from Queer. My other half knows the lake like no one else, but I stick to certain tracks. The rocks and dangers in that lake are ridiculous. So many danger zones where you’d never expect them to be!!

But the fish......  oh the fish...... haha

5/26/21 @ 10:54 AM
Allycatd
USER SINCE 4/26/21

Surreal my other half is actually the guy who cuts and stacks all the ice at Breezy!!!

5/24/21 @ 1:47 PM
Cowbell90
USER SINCE 6/1/18

I heard a rumor that  some of the lakes are low this spring. Can anyone confirm if true and which lakes?

5/3/21 @ 1:02 PM
surreel
USER SINCE 7/5/10

Canada Bound, 

I know this is not exactly where you are talking about but still in the general area. I have stayed at a resort that was said to be started up with cabins from an old war camp. Rumor has it that the original owner dismantled the abandon buildings and pulled the material across the ice of several lakes with horses and rebuilt 5 possibly 6 of the cabins. The old timers talk of on at least one accession that German speaking visitors had come back to visit. The buildings are still there but are in need of some attention. I'm pretty sure the camp is still operating but I haven't been there in 5 years or more. This is a very basic camp and was still operating in the old Canadian style, without running water and no electricity. The lights and fridges were all propane. The ice for the coolers was still cut from the lake and put up in the icehouse. If you drive in there you will get a look at the history I think you are interested in. Where the cabins were originally located is now all been taken over by mother nature. I'm sure they would like some more weeks filled when the boarders open again. The camp is to the East of Ignace about 10 miles and then north on a logging road. The resort is named Breezy Point Camp. The have a web site. 

DISPLAYING 30 TO 39 OF 1,152 POSTS
Advertise here
Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos feature a Ceymar micro baitfeeder, a full grip non-reel seat handle for customized placement, and a 1-pcs 24-ton carbon rod blank construction. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Okuma Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos
The new StrikeMaster Pro Jacket and Pro Bibs delivers the ultimate in cold-weather outerwear, keeping you warm, comfortable and safe on the ice. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ICE FORCE - Pro Jacket & Bibs
An ice rod built as tough as the frozen winter landscape of the ice belt. A new platform for St. Croix, the Tundra series is a culmination of ice centric features demanded by hardwater anglers. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - St. Croix Tundra Ice Rods
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.