Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Silver Dollar Area Ontario

5/21/04 @ 11:46 AM
ORIGINAL POST
JEP
User since 10/19/01
Just interested to see if anyone fishes this area of Ontario. My group will be making it's 12th trip to the area later this summer. We stay at Moose Creek Camp about 8 miles north of Silver Dollar. We fish a number of different lakes in this area. Some of our favorites are Wintering, Sowden, Sturgeon, Young and Watcomb. I would enjoy comparing ideas and stories with fisherman who have spent time in this area. JEP

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 1,100 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/29/20 @ 6:36 AM
Canada Bound
User since 2/19/10

It’s a tough topic. It’s hard to know what the right answer is. I just know I would much rather be fishing right now. I guess it will be interesting to see what a year of no fishing pressure does to certain lakes in that area. 

6/28/20 @ 8:31 PM
Jibberish
User since 5/29/06

Shad, you are merely a faint voice in the distance, Mainstream media and government can tell you whatever they want and you can either force yourself to believe them or go with your gut feelings. In East Central Wisconsin, we had 30 cases and one death due to this cv in our county. Heard from several nurses that this death was a guy who had Aids. No mask is going to save anyone but stress and a bad economy certainly can cause people to die. There is something more behind this cv thing. It already caused a ton of racism, looting rioting. Hoping the real reason for this narrative doesn't go a lot deeper than us missing a year in our favorite place on Earth.

6/28/20 @ 4:30 PM
Shad
User since 8/27/01

Everything is a risk, and just think where you or anyone would be if no one ever took any risks?  For me , I follow those guidelines and many do not and I suffer, thanks to all of you who do not!  Amf for me and this thread.

6/28/20 @ 6:15 AM
Bigpike1
User since 2/28/02

Too bad so sad. Your property will be there whenever they let you go. People can sociol distance if they want. People can wear masks if they want. People can stay at home if they want. Or move to China, Russia or some other awesome place like it were the government tells you what you can do.  It was the risk you took when you bought property in foriegn land 

6/27/20 @ 11:21 PM
Canada Bound
User since 2/19/10

I understand your point of Shad.

6/27/20 @ 9:10 PM
Shad
User since 8/27/01

I own property there as well, sure it is crap, but the crap is that people are not following basic guidelines here to slow the spread.  Just this afternoon, we drove around Shawano lake and the ONLY place we saw any masks were in Menards in Antigo.  We saw hundreds of people and every bar had many cars.  Then south of Antigo there was a motorcycle race, perhaps 300 people packed in there.  

So yes I agree it is crap we can't go to our property, but the Canadian government is trying to protect their people from our people's stupidity.  

6/27/20 @ 8:57 PM
Canada Bound
User since 2/19/10

Well Shad you’re entitled to your opinion. But not being allowed into Canada to go to property I own seems like a bunch of crap to me. 

6/27/20 @ 1:02 PM
Shad
User since 8/27/01
Sadly people think the border closure is crap, which it certainly is not!  I spoke to the MNR at length yesterday and they are starting slowly to start stage 2, but as cases have trickled into Timmins, they are looking to go back to stage 1. 

And so this closure is crap, eh!  Look at the ridiculous actions of the US people which is the crap, do you really think that late July will re-open, unless an absolute miracle it will happen.  I think it will be closed until at least 2021, and all because of the US people are dumbasses, do not social distance nor wear a mask, that is what is crap!

6/26/20 @ 6:03 PM
Canada Bound
User since 2/19/10

Sorry guys upon further reading I am wrong. A Canadian can fly into the U.S. but not the other way around.

6/26/20 @ 5:27 PM
Canada Bound
User since 2/19/10

Well guys I found a way around this border closure crap. I’m getting desperate so apparently it’s legal for me to fly into Canada and rent a vechile there. But not legal for me to cross by land travel. I’m going to wait until mid JULY to see if it opens. If it doesn’t my wife and I can get a flight from Chicago to Thunder Bay for $250 a piece and get a rental vehicle for $500. Desperate times call for desperate measures but at least we could spend some time  at the cabin.  I have spent $1000 on worse things.

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 1,100 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.