Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Silver Dollar Area Ontario

5/21/04 @ 11:46 AM
ORIGINAL POST
JEP
User since 10/19/01
Just interested to see if anyone fishes this area of Ontario. My group will be making it's 12th trip to the area later this summer. We stay at Moose Creek Camp about 8 miles north of Silver Dollar. We fish a number of different lakes in this area. Some of our favorites are Wintering, Sowden, Sturgeon, Young and Watcomb. I would enjoy comparing ideas and stories with fisherman who have spent time in this area. JEP

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 1,100 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/2/20 @ 3:33 PM
Bigpike1
User since 2/28/02

The nice thing about the border being closed is you learn to live without it. I have no problem spending my money in the states. I'll have no problem spending my money and time in the states next summer. Canada is going to do what it is going to do. I for one am ready to continue supporting those vested in this country. 

9/2/20 @ 9:25 AM
Johnson Creek
User since 4/26/09

I think it will open in the Spring; Canada is feeling the effects of no tourism... it may look like Alaska (Testing Negative within 3 Days of Crossing) but I suspect something will change between now and the Spring.  I believe there was a news article indicating a 40% contraction in their economy between June and August... I think they are optimistic they'll recover sooner than the US as they don't have cases but most of our States are nearing a 90% recovery while cases are still climbing.  Much of Canada is reliant on the border being open even though they don't want to admit that.  Western Ontario is heavily reliant on American's and if they don't open in the Spring many of the resorts we generally go to won't ever open with the same ownership.  It's unfortunate but thus far their Government is offering very little in the way of support for Resort Owners.  Maybe just optimistic but I sure hope it opens.

8/29/20 @ 11:29 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I’m about to miss a second trip to Sturgeon this year. I would not be at all surprised if next spring’s trip gets cancelled as well. I hope I’m wrong. 

8/29/20 @ 6:57 AM
Arod
User since 2/26/13

Thanks for sharing the old videos from Sturgeon. Surely do miss not being able to go this season. We too stay on the north end of the lake. Been going there for about 25 years. Since we missed this year we plan on taking an early trip and then our annual trip in mid July. It certainly is a great lake with so much history and so many areas to fish. 

8/28/20 @ 7:57 AM
Johnson Creek
User since 4/26/09

Missing 2020 had to dig up some old videos from Sturgeon Lake.  

https://youtu.be/l2U-ezIyFUM

https://youtu.be/Qc6pEyUrg8g

8/27/20 @ 2:22 PM
Jibberish
User since 5/29/06

Thank You 14ftdown for your condolences. Sorry I haven't been looking at this site for a while, not sure how to set up notifications here. Yes, we sure had a lot of fun back when the old timers were part of the crew! Looks pretty official, won't be a Sept. or Oct. trip to Young Lake this year. Certainly hope things are sorted out for 2021.

8/13/20 @ 9:31 AM
14ftdown
14ftdown
User since 3/3/04

I just wanted to send my condolences to Jibberish as his mom passed away recently. It's been a few years since she joined us at Young Lake but she was a wonderful woman and her smile will be missed. She always made my family feel like part of her family.

7/8/20 @ 3:35 PM
Jimbo
Jimbo
User since 6/18/01

Nope, from Silver Water Wheel:

7/8/20 @ 12:43 PM
Silver surfer
Silver surfer
User since 6/20/16

I heard July 21st the border may open to recreation, anybody else know if this is true?

6/29/20 @ 12:11 PM
14ftdown
14ftdown
User since 3/3/04

I'm with Jibberish. 

And ruining the US economy and lives due to financial distress/depression to save a small percentage of lives seems to me like there are political motives behind it.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 1,100 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.