Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Silver Dollar Area Ontario

5/21/04 @ 11:46 AM
ORIGNAL POST
JEP
User since 10/19/01
Just interested to see if anyone fishes this area of Ontario. My group will be making it's 12th trip to the area later this summer. We stay at Moose Creek Camp about 8 miles north of Silver Dollar. We fish a number of different lakes in this area. Some of our favorites are Wintering, Sowden, Sturgeon, Young and Watcomb. I would enjoy comparing ideas and stories with fisherman who have spent time in this area. JEP

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 1,038 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/18/19 @ 8:12 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Leaving late afternoon tomorrow! Walleye and lakers on the water. Rough, spruce and sharp tail grouse on land. Can’t wait.

9/10/19 @ 1:13 AM
Jibberish
User since 5/29/06

Rod Father, good to hear you had a good trek. I have had years that  winter hats were preferred the first few days. Then it got nice and the fishing was good, had a year that I put rain gear on most of the week but the fishing was great, had a year that it was 95 most of the week, didn't catch a walleye 'til Wednesday. Lot of stories and fun memories! I like to use 3 ounce snap weights with spoons and stick baits for the trout.

8/30/19 @ 10:19 AM
The Rod Father
User since 8/17/17

Had a great solo trip to Silver Dollar area! Fishing was excellent on every lake I visited. Young, Whiterock, Watcomb, Flying Loon and Sturgeon didn't disappoint. Didn't catch any huge walleye but numbers were good. Managed to catch Lake Trout on Sturgeon by trolling a three way swivel and spoon with 4 oz. weight. Found enough blueberries for morning pancakes with maple syrup! Weather was so-so with morning rain showers and 25mph winds for first three days. After that it calmed down nicely. Can't wait for next year!

8/19/19 @ 6:29 AM
Silver surfer
Silver surfer
User since 6/20/16

My group will be in the area Sept 5 through the 14th, very excited!

8/5/19 @ 8:49 AM
The Rod Father
User since 8/17/17

Jibberish.... August 17th can't get here fast enough! Boat is all ready to go with new trailer and electronics. Can't wait! I'll report when I get back.

7/28/19 @ 9:19 PM
Jibberish
User since 5/29/06

Rod Father, almost August. Wish you the best of luck on your upcoming trek to God's country. Good luck with the trout!

7/16/19 @ 9:57 PM
northernexsposure
User since 3/15/08

We stayed at Cozy Camp this year.  We drove over to wintering one day and got poured on when we got to the landing and decided not to launch because it looked like it was going to last awhile.

Cozy Camp was good fishing,lot of walleye and pike. A lot of water to explore and the owner was great.  Caught several pike between 32”-38” but no monsters.  We mostly fish for pike so thanks for the report on wintering.

7/16/19 @ 9:16 PM
selbert
User since 4/21/16
We went to wintering with the idea of targeting big pike. The last several years we have had great outings catching good numbers of 30+ inch pikers. We weren't as blessed this year.  Intermittent heavy rains cut our day short. Caught a sh&*load of little ones before the heavens unleashed. I only have a couple decent walleye spots. This was only the 3rd time I've been there. Did see a big lynx near the launch. Mostly fished the east arm this year.

7/16/19 @ 7:25 PM
northernexsposure
User since 3/15/08

Selbert, how did you do on wintering?  Thinking about staying on it next year second week of June.

7/16/19 @ 11:25 AM
selbert
User since 4/21/16
Word on the street is that mining is going to come back to the sturgeon lake area. That's what I heard at Young Lake and from Andrew at Silver Dollar. (Btw I like him. I hope he does as well as Marty)

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 1,038 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.