MENU Lake-Link.com MORE

Silver Dollar Area Ontario

5/21/04 @ 11:46 AM
ORIGINAL POST
JEP
JEP
USER since 10/19/01
Just interested to see if anyone fishes this area of Ontario. My group will be making it's 12th trip to the area later this summer. We stay at Moose Creek Camp about 8 miles north of Silver Dollar. We fish a number of different lakes in this area. Some of our favorites are Wintering, Sowden, Sturgeon, Young and Watcomb. I would enjoy comparing ideas and stories with fisherman who have spent time in this area. JEP

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 987 Posts
4/19/19 @ 7:55 AM
Cowbell90
Cowbell90
USER since 6/1/18

Brownbear,

Going up for Memorial Day week? Used to go up then, til kids came along. It is the best time. Lakers are still in the bays, walleyes still near river mouths and creeks. Easier to find everything.  Have fun!

Post Your Comment
4/14/19 @ 3:06 PM
brownbear
brownbear
USER since 3/17/12

Only 40 more days until I can slap some 40+" pike in the face. Can't wait! 

Post Your Comment
4/9/19 @ 9:12 PM
kimball920
kimball920
USER since 10/25/15

I have fished this area for the past 25 years. I stay right on Young Lake at Young Lake Lodge. There is a group for two weeks , but my wife and I stay for a third week. The first two weeks we pretty much fish Young (now that they opened it up again) and Watcomb ,because we have each other to fall back on in case something goes wrong. The last week alone I stay on Young. The resort owner watches out for us.

I talked with a gentleman that used to stay at sturgeon lake and he told me they used to go about 20 miles from there to a lake called slime bay for huge northerns. Have  you heard of such a place? If you have could you fill me in?

Post Your Comment
4/7/19 @ 9:08 PM
Canada Bound
Canada Bound
USER since 2/19/10

I sent you a message about perch

Post Your Comment
4/5/19 @ 8:00 AM
ResQ91
ResQ91
USER since 4/3/05

Was actually hoping to share info with someone.

Nice pictures.......

Edited on 4/5/19 8:03 AM
Post Your Comment
4/4/19 @ 8:03 PM
brownbear
brownbear
USER since 3/17/12

ResQ91 perch are there, just have to find them. We found them by accident four years ago. Small jigs with a chunk of night crawler works for us. Good luck.

Post Your Comment
3/28/19 @ 4:12 PM
northernexsposure
northernexsposure
USER since 3/15/08

I have fished several of the lakes on the north end of Sturgeon years back. This year we are giving the south end area a try.  Are there any maps of the silver dollar area?  If so what are the best to show some logging roads or lake access.  I know the camp owner will point us in the right direction but would like to have an idea of which lakes are options to get too before arriving.

Post Your Comment
3/23/19 @ 7:21 AM
selbert
selbert
USER since 4/21/16

We caught quite a few last summer on wintering. We found em by accident and ended up with about 15 cleanable fish and a whole bunch of shorts all in a couple hours. We were fortunate to have nightcrawlers and some small ice jigs in the boat. They weren't jumbos by any means but they were tasty at our fish fry back home.

Post Your Comment
3/22/19 @ 9:22 AM
ResQ91
ResQ91
USER since 4/3/05

Hey guys!

Counting days got me thinking about trip a little more.

Can I ask for a little help with finding Perch this year?

We try every year and have had very little luck. I have some excellent Laker spots and tackle tips which we always have great success with to trade you. Our method has worked on Sturgeon and Lake o' Bays equally well. Pretty sure would work anywhere.

PM me and I would owe ya. Guaranteed fair trade!!

Thank you in advance!!

Post Your Comment
3/22/19 @ 9:16 AM
ResQ91
ResQ91
USER since 4/3/05

46 days!!!

Edited on 3/22/19 12:23 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 987 Posts