Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Silver Dollar Area Ontario

5/21/04 @ 11:46 AM
ORIGINAL POST
JEP
USER SINCE 10/19/01
Just interested to see if anyone fishes this area of Ontario. My group will be making it's 12th trip to the area later this summer. We stay at Moose Creek Camp about 8 miles north of Silver Dollar. We fish a number of different lakes in this area. Some of our favorites are Wintering, Sowden, Sturgeon, Young and Watcomb. I would enjoy comparing ideas and stories with fisherman who have spent time in this area. JEP

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 1,132 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

7/31/21 @ 8:16 AM
Arod
USER SINCE 2/26/13

Thanks Guidefishing for the info on fishing this time of the year. We are so looking forward to our trip. We certainly miss everything that goes into the trip. Please give us a report upon your return. Kind of have a feeling we may be fishing out of the same camp.

7/30/21 @ 9:26 AM
Guidedfishing
USER SINCE 8/2/01

Arod,

Have been fishing this time of year for many years in that area.  Usually as our 2nd or 3rd trip of the season.   Now I don't know what it will be like this year due to the sudden influx of tourist fisherman, but we found this time of year very enjoyable.  Typically the fishing is as good or better than spring.  You will still be in a summer pattern, in the past there had been very little presence of other fisherman.  Bear hunters are usually the game in town at this point.   

If the goal posts are not moved between now and then we will be on Sturgeon the week of the 21st of Aug.  It just worked out that way for us with all the craziness this year.   With the extremely low water levels on Sturgeon it may create additional concerns to be aware of, as well as may of the out-lakes we fish may or may not be accessible. 

You can have 80 degree days or you could have snow and sleet.  I have seen it all in September.  Usually cool crisp mornings and the aspen just starting to turn makes a great time.  

you will still find trout deep, it will be too early at that time for them to start moving up on the reefs to start spawning yet.  Walleye's will be on lake humps and bunched up.  If you are not careful you may find a new favorite time to fish Ontario..

good luck 

7/29/21 @ 7:43 PM
Mike C 2018
USER SINCE 8/31/18

Walleye & Arod,  Just show up at the US border with your passport and you're good to go.  As a US citizen with a valid passport they can not deny you entry to return home.  

7/29/21 @ 7:32 PM
Arod
USER SINCE 2/26/13

Our group is heading to the north end of Sturgeon on September 3rd. Have never gone this late but so looking forward to it. Got all info to get in but curious what the info is to get back home.

7/29/21 @ 5:14 PM
Walleye 88
USER SINCE 7/29/21

My group is heading up August 14th.  We have plenty of information regarding getting into Canada...covid test, proof of vaccination.  Is the U.S. requiring anything to get back to the states??

7/22/21 @ 11:53 AM
Canada Bound
USER SINCE 2/19/10

I’m headed up August 9 as well I suspect one hell of a line at the border.

7/21/21 @ 9:39 PM
James Mac
USER SINCE 5/12/20

I'm going the week of August 9th...I hope I'm not being overly optimistic by wishing for short lines and little hassle at the border. 

7/21/21 @ 1:42 PM
IAFishHawk
IAFishHawk
USER SINCE 8/4/16

Will be curious to hear the stories about how the border crossing is from the first people who go.

7/17/21 @ 6:26 AM
Canada Bound
USER SINCE 2/19/10

Sounds like water level is very low so it will be a good opportunity to learn where some more rocks are!

7/16/21 @ 10:04 PM
Canada Bound
USER SINCE 2/19/10

I’m planning on waiting in line whenever it opens, sounds like August 15. I will be spending a few weeks at the cabin how it looks! I have had a big grin all day ever since I heard the news. Sounds like the details will be coming out Monday!????

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 1,132 POSTS
Advertise here
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
New CUSTOM Colors! The perfect choice when you want a lure that runs straight and true, even when running fast and deep. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Down Deep Husky Jerk - NEW Custom Colors
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.