Darin - Lake-Link
MEMBER SINCE 5/17/01

Keep this on topic! 

DISPLAYING 51 TO 60 OF 405 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

6/26/22 @ 2:11 PM
toughontrout
USER SINCE 12/21/20

jabberwalker, thank you, very informative & straight to the point. I did not receive your friend request, sorry.

6/26/22 @ 10:12 AM
Jabberwalker
Jabberwalker
USER SINCE 4/21/04

Deemed Rehabilitated 

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, Regulation 18(2)(a), there is a class of persons deemed to have been rehabilitated: 

(2) The following persons are members of the class of persons deemed to have been rehabilitated: 

(a) persons who have been convicted outside Canada of no more than one offense that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an indictable offense under an Act of Parliament, if all of the following conditions apply, namely, 

(i) the offense is punishable in Canada by a maximum term of imprisonment of less than 10 years, 

(ii) at least 10 years have elapsed since the day after the completion of the imposed sentence, 

(iii) the person has not been convicted in Canada of an indictable offense under an Act of Parliament, 

(iv) the person has not been convicted in Canada of any summary conviction offense within the last 10 years under an Act of Parliament or of more than one summary conviction offense before the last 10 years, other than an offense designated as a contravention under the Contraventions Act or an offense under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, 

(v) the person has not within the last 10 years been convicted outside Canada of an offense that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an offense under an Act of Parliament, other than an offense designated as a contravention under the Contraventions Act or an offense under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, 

(vi) the person has not before the last 10 years been convicted outside Canada of more than one offense that, if committed in Canada, would constitute a summary conviction offense under an Act of Parliament, and 

(vii) the person has not committed an act described in paragraph 36(2)(c) of the Act; 

6/26/22 @ 9:17 AM
Jabberwalker
Jabberwalker
USER SINCE 4/21/04

Toughontrout , sent you a friend request

6/26/22 @ 8:29 AM
mopesrus
USER SINCE 4/8/13

Toughontrout, See attached link to Canadian gov't contact info.  Immigration and travel info are in right column of page.

https://www.canada.ca/en/contact.html

Good luck and safe travels

6/26/22 @ 8:17 AM
toughontrout
USER SINCE 12/21/20

Peanut, Thanks so much. That was very reassuring, especially that you've been crossing for 8 years w/no problem. Could you please give me the # of the Canadian Border Control? Thanks again.

6/25/22 @ 11:11 AM
peanut09
USER SINCE 1/17/10

My answer would be no trouble. If that's all that was on his record. Call the border and talk to a border agent.  That would be best. Then you know for sure. I had one 18 years ago and have been crossing for eight years with 0 issues.

6/25/22 @ 10:07 AM
toughontrout
USER SINCE 12/21/20

Question: I have a nephew who had a DWI 27 years ago. Would he have a problem crossing the border? Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

6/25/22 @ 9:25 AM
Arod
USER SINCE 2/26/13

Kona, Sent an email off to the Canada Border Service Agency. They responded within 12 hours and cleared all my concerns up. Quite surprised to get an actual person to provide the information. 

6/24/22 @ 9:44 PM
kona77
USER SINCE 6/20/13

Does anyone have experience with taking a dog into Ontario? I understand the vaccination paperwork, etc. But I have some concerns about the ingredients found in my golden's kibble. My research leads me to believe the food can't contain any animal-origin ingredients. Any help with this would be appreciated.

AROD-  I can't help you but you could try Walleye Central under their "Canada EH!!" forum. That is a pretty popular forum for guys going to Canada and someone might be able to help you. I know I have seen pictures with dogs on trips on that site.

6/23/22 @ 6:36 PM
EYE_SKI
EYE_SKI
USER SINCE 3/26/19

12 days til trip 1 of 4!!

DISPLAYING 51 TO 60 OF 405 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.