Darin - Lake-Link
MEMBER SINCE 5/17/01

Keep this on topic! 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 362 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

7/4/22 @ 4:33 PM
willythewalleyekid
USER SINCE 1/23/02

I have tried looking into what can and what can't be taken across the border and seems to more confused after looking than before looking. I know you can't take raw chicken or eggs. Can you take hard boiled eggs? Cooked chicken? I know you can't take potatoes or at least thats what I thought.  Now it seems you can take potatoes as long as they are grade 1 and packaged in a commercial package from what I read. Can you take vegetables across?  Tomatoes and cucumbers from  my garden? It seemed like in the reading you could.  Any help here would be great. The only thing I guess of all the items that would be nice to take would be  the Tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden! Rest I can buy from Safeway. 

I did read guidedfish report with the shared link and feel pretty confident about taking cooked chicken and boiled eggs.

6/30/22 @ 7:02 AM
Guidedfishing
USER SINCE 8/2/01

Say guys,  just FYI the ArriveCan app recently had updates in the recent days.  If your going up make sure you are on Version V3.0.2

good luck

6/26/22 @ 8:05 PM
Jabberwalker
Jabberwalker
USER SINCE 4/21/04

You should be fine, went through a similar situation and spent a few $$ trying to straighten it out. Brought a bunch of paper work along and when crossing the border never got asked about it. The laws in Canada have changed but they look at what the law was at the time of the offense. Just be sure everything was completed, alcohol assessment, fines paid, required traffic classes completed, etc. If you have any other questions feel free to message me.

Good Luck!

6/26/22 @ 2:11 PM
toughontrout
USER SINCE 12/21/20

jabberwalker, thank you, very informative & straight to the point. I did not receive your friend request, sorry.

6/26/22 @ 10:12 AM
Jabberwalker
Jabberwalker
USER SINCE 4/21/04

Deemed Rehabilitated 

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, Regulation 18(2)(a), there is a class of persons deemed to have been rehabilitated: 

(2) The following persons are members of the class of persons deemed to have been rehabilitated: 

(a) persons who have been convicted outside Canada of no more than one offense that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an indictable offense under an Act of Parliament, if all of the following conditions apply, namely, 

(i) the offense is punishable in Canada by a maximum term of imprisonment of less than 10 years, 

(ii) at least 10 years have elapsed since the day after the completion of the imposed sentence, 

(iii) the person has not been convicted in Canada of an indictable offense under an Act of Parliament, 

(iv) the person has not been convicted in Canada of any summary conviction offense within the last 10 years under an Act of Parliament or of more than one summary conviction offense before the last 10 years, other than an offense designated as a contravention under the Contraventions Act or an offense under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, 

(v) the person has not within the last 10 years been convicted outside Canada of an offense that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an offense under an Act of Parliament, other than an offense designated as a contravention under the Contraventions Act or an offense under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, 

(vi) the person has not before the last 10 years been convicted outside Canada of more than one offense that, if committed in Canada, would constitute a summary conviction offense under an Act of Parliament, and 

(vii) the person has not committed an act described in paragraph 36(2)(c) of the Act; 

6/26/22 @ 9:17 AM
Jabberwalker
Jabberwalker
USER SINCE 4/21/04

Toughontrout , sent you a friend request

6/26/22 @ 8:29 AM
mopesrus
USER SINCE 4/8/13

Toughontrout, See attached link to Canadian gov't contact info.  Immigration and travel info are in right column of page.

https://www.canada.ca/en/contact.html

Good luck and safe travels

6/26/22 @ 8:17 AM
toughontrout
USER SINCE 12/21/20

Peanut, Thanks so much. That was very reassuring, especially that you've been crossing for 8 years w/no problem. Could you please give me the # of the Canadian Border Control? Thanks again.

6/25/22 @ 11:11 AM
peanut09
USER SINCE 1/17/10

My answer would be no trouble. If that's all that was on his record. Call the border and talk to a border agent.  That would be best. Then you know for sure. I had one 18 years ago and have been crossing for eight years with 0 issues.

6/25/22 @ 10:07 AM
toughontrout
USER SINCE 12/21/20

Question: I have a nephew who had a DWI 27 years ago. Would he have a problem crossing the border? Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 362 POSTS
Advertise here
Minn Kota Ultra: Proven in the real world. Year after year. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Ultrex
The HELIX® Series delivers innovative technologies that make finding and catching fish simple. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird HELIX Mega Imaging
Designed with the inputs of Bassheads nationwide, Victory features 25 balanced models focused on techniques, comfort, and the ultimate in fish ability and affordability backed by a 15 year transferable warranty, built in the USA. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.