Darin - Lake-Link
USER SINCE 5/17/01

Keep this on topic! 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 200 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

7/29/21 @ 2:00 PM
s.s esox
USER SINCE 12/22/14

USA will restrict nonessential travel into the US by foreigners, Not American citizens. Reentering the US from Canada will be no problem for US citizens. No covid test or vaccination requirement. This was confirmed by a border agent in International Falls that I spoke with.  Look out Lac Seul here I come. My group has all their vaccinations, microchips and all. The government can track me to my houseboat in Canada. Assuming I don't turn into Zombie from the vaccine before then. 

7/29/21 @ 1:46 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

The Department of Homeland Security said it plans to continue restrictions on nonessential travel across land borders from Canada until at least Aug. 21, even though Canada has announced it will begin allowing vaccinated Americans to come in beginning Aug. 9.

7/28/21 @ 2:22 PM
fishguidealso
USER SINCE 2/5/10

Even if they strike they got to go to work.So no big deal except they might take there time and slow things up.

7/28/21 @ 8:37 AM
nbadger23
USER SINCE 7/23/21

Things keep getting more interesting. The Canadian Border Services Agency workers are threatening to go on strike on August 6th, which would obviously hinder things.  Hopefully they can work things out.  

7/28/21 @ 7:54 AM
Jabberwalker
USER SINCE 4/21/04

Just got word on our trip to Mahkwa Lodge scheduled for August 22nd to 28th has been canceled due their place being used as an emergency evacuation center due to the wild fires they are experiencing in NW Ontario. Argh!!

7/28/21 @ 5:05 AM
Deerlake1
USER SINCE 6/20/13

Does everyone realize that the Canadians are doing random instant testing at the border and if your in a vehicle with more than one person and one tests positive you ALL either have to quarantine for 14 days or return to US? This info is from Eagle Lake Island Lodge email to their clients.

7/27/21 @ 3:26 PM
nbadger23
USER SINCE 7/23/21

Credace, I asked that question of the Canadian Border Service today and they said the 72 hour window is from time of test to time of border cross, as opposed from time of test result to time of border cross. This is what I expected them to say but wanted to confirm.

7/27/21 @ 2:25 PM
Credance
USER SINCE 5/6/20

The test start when you are tested or when the lab starts it’s testing Could also make a difference. 

7/27/21 @ 1:25 PM
chelios99
USER SINCE 8/27/19

nbadger23 Please keep us up to date on that Walgreens test! Thanks

7/27/21 @ 1:07 PM
nbadger23
USER SINCE 7/23/21

Everything Guidefishing put in his post is spot on.  I hadn't read it until today but it meshed with everything both our camp owner and the border agency people I spoke with today told me. 

The only thing that I'm still trying to get confirmation on is if the Abbott ID NOW rapid test that Walgreens offers is acceptable or not.  All of my reading says that it IS a molecular/PCR test but I'm not sure if because it's analyzed on-site, versus in a lab, disqualifies it.  The Canadian Public Health official I spoke to today could not confirm but stated that if it is a molecular/PCR test it would work. 

I will keep doing some more digging on it, simply because I'm worried that getting tested, getting the results, and getting to the border in a 72 hour window could get dicey if murphy's law kicks in.  Whereas if that all breaks down on me and I know I can get to the nearest Walgreens and get results in a few hours I can adjust on the fly. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 200 POSTS
Advertise here
The Deadeye Custom Series rods are all custom technique specific walleye jigging rods designed for the tournament walleye angler. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Dead Eye Custom Series Rods
New CUSTOM Colors! The perfect choice when you want a lure that runs straight and true, even when running fast and deep. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Down Deep Husky Jerk - NEW Custom Colors
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.