Darin - Lake-Link
USER SINCE 5/17/01

Keep this on topic! 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 187 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

7/24/21 @ 2:35 PM
Mike C 2018
USER SINCE 8/31/18

Where do we get a Molecular/PCR covid screening ?

Check your State's public health website and that info should be there.  Some Walgreens and CVS stores offer testing.  I know the Walgreens 2 blocks from house offers PCR tests.  The main things is to make sure you get the results back in time for that 72 hour window to cross the border.

7/23/21 @ 10:23 PM
JCBARA
USER SINCE 8/13/20

Where do we get a Molecular/PCR covid screening ?

7/23/21 @ 5:11 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
You know you can go to Greece with a passport and a vaccination card that's all and you have to fly overseas  sounds difficult

Oh wait except for the rules to go to Canada the drive across the border

7/23/21 @ 7:15 AM
sportsmenslodge
USER SINCE 3/24/13

Well said.

7/23/21 @ 7:07 AM
Guidedfishing
USER SINCE 8/2/01

It is human nature when information is missing to fill it in with the worse possible scenario they can come up with.  

Based on my research and a few phone calls, the following can be viewed as simple or complex.  Depends on what a person predisposition is.

1. Passport / or Passport ID

2. Documented Vaccinations history with the 3 approved the Canadian Site provides

3. Molecular/PCR covid screening completed within 72 hours of arrival at border

4. Completion and upload of documentation on "ArriveCan" app; can not be completed more than 72hrs from date of arrival.

5. Quarantine plan, This is basically your contact information of where you are staying in Canada, The Ontario website gives you specific questions to answer to assist in this answer.  Short story is you provide your camps address, and contact and correctly say that you will isolate should you be given and come up hot on a Random screening.

6. Random screening in the rare event your are chosen to be screened you will not be held at the border, if it subsequently comes back positive see item 5.  And yes you get a 14 day stay so if that remote possibility is a game changer for you don't roll the dice.

7. All licenses and outdoor cards are internet sales,  I tried calling around maybe you can find a place.  Good luck.  I am sure there are exceptions to every rule.

**If you are camping and will be out of contact I have no idea how a quarantine plan would apply or if it would be acceptable.  I would find out if this is where you fall in.

8. No / zero, live bait, frozen, salted zip nothing allowed this year. Crawlers no, Salted or frozen minnows no.

9. Right now on Aug 9th US citizens that meet the above will be allowed in.  There is NO restriction on US citizen returning from Canada.  There is restrictions on Non-US citizens at least until the 21st.

10.  Everything is subject to change.  get over it.

In the end nobody cares if you go or you don't go.  If you go good luck, if your not going no one cares what your reasons are.  If you go and have trouble you knew what your were getting into.   All the best.

7/22/21 @ 10:45 PM
ManitowishWaters
ManitowishWaters
USER SINCE 10/22/02

Any news on those with severe allergic reactions and possibly exemptions. Have all Dr. documentation.

7/22/21 @ 6:25 PM
Larballslobasaurus
USER SINCE 4/8/17
7/22/21 @ 4:23 PM
Leechster
Leechster
USER SINCE 1/22/21

I agree BA. It’s political and ridiculous. Canada and Mexico are the very last places I would go in today’s times. For different reasons of course. I personally don’t miss either one of them. I do have a little sympathy for those who love it and can’t go though. 

7/22/21 @ 1:53 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
This isn't rocket science it's just Canada

You can fly across the ocean to Italy and  Europe a month ago as long as you've been vaccinated

But the drive across the border to Canada you can't this is jackass

7/22/21 @ 12:23 PM
svitreum
svitreum
USER SINCE 8/29/06

I'm with you fnh14. I can wait. Someday life will get back to normal and crossing the border will follow suit. Dad's gone, so it's just my brother and I now. I figure in 2 years it'll be back to business as usual. He and I are already booked for Erie next year. I'm in WI and he comes from Seattle. Both of us are working our tails off right now so no biggie.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 187 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.