Darin - Lake-Link
USER SINCE 5/17/01

Keep this on topic! 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 203 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

TODAY @ 4:29 PM
Mike C 2018
USER SINCE 8/31/18

I pulled this off the ArriveCAN Site last week.

These tests are considered acceptable molecular tests: 

• PCR - Polymerase chain reaction
  • RT-PCR – reverse transcription real time PCR
  • Quantitative PCR (qPCR)
  • Nucleic acid test (NAT) or Nucleic acid amplification test (NAATs)
  • Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP)
  • Isothermal amplification
  • Droplet digital PCR or digital droplet PCR (ddPCR)
  • Transcription-mediated amplification (TMA)
  • RNA (Ribonucleic acid)
  • Ct (cycle threshold)
  • CRISPR
  • Sequencing
  • Next generational sequencing (NGS) or whole genome sequencing (WGS)
  • Oxford Nanopore sequencing (LamPORE)
  • Detection of the N gene
  • Detection of Orf1a/b
  • Detection of the S gene
  • Detection of the E gene
  • Detection of the RdRp gene

TODAY @ 12:28 PM
Arod
USER SINCE 2/26/13

Is the Nucleic Acid Amplification Test(NAAT) acceptable to be used to cross the border? I've been told that the PCR rapid test can not be used. I just talked with Walgreens and they administer the NAAT which has a turn around of 5 hours. 

TODAY @ 11:38 AM
nbadger23
USER SINCE 7/23/21

I'm digging a bit deeper into the required quarantine plan. There's a checklist here: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/isolation.  

I originally thought this was going to be as simple as providing the address of the camp I'd be staying at (and it may end up being that simple) but I'm starting to wonder. 

You can use the "assess your quarantine" button on that URL to go through some questions.  I'm guessing most of us would be thinking that we'd quarantine at the camp that we're staying at if need be but I think there's some further things to think about.  It doesn't look like they'd accept a quarantine plan where you would isolate in the same cabin as those that you traveled with if they are not people you normally live with.  

I think it will be good to contact/discuss the quarantine plan with your camp so it passes the test so to speak at the border. For example, if you're traveling with a group of 4 and none of you normally live together you'd theoretically need to be able to isolate all 4 people in different cabins and can your camp handle that?  

If this was a requirement coming into the U.S. I'd have no concerns because I'd figure the US border folks would probably just rubber stamp any plan but I'm being very cautious about how stringent Canada is going to be about all of these things. 

7/29/21 @ 2:00 PM
s.s esox
USER SINCE 12/22/14

USA will restrict nonessential travel into the US by foreigners, Not American citizens. Reentering the US from Canada will be no problem for US citizens. No covid test or vaccination requirement. This was confirmed by a border agent in International Falls that I spoke with.  Look out Lac Seul here I come. My group has all their vaccinations, microchips and all. The government can track me to my houseboat in Canada. Assuming I don't turn into Zombie from the vaccine before then. 

7/29/21 @ 1:46 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

The Department of Homeland Security said it plans to continue restrictions on nonessential travel across land borders from Canada until at least Aug. 21, even though Canada has announced it will begin allowing vaccinated Americans to come in beginning Aug. 9.

7/28/21 @ 2:22 PM
fishguidealso
USER SINCE 2/5/10

Even if they strike they got to go to work.So no big deal except they might take there time and slow things up.

7/28/21 @ 8:37 AM
nbadger23
USER SINCE 7/23/21

Things keep getting more interesting. The Canadian Border Services Agency workers are threatening to go on strike on August 6th, which would obviously hinder things.  Hopefully they can work things out.  

7/28/21 @ 7:54 AM
Jabberwalker
USER SINCE 4/21/04

Just got word on our trip to Mahkwa Lodge scheduled for August 22nd to 28th has been canceled due their place being used as an emergency evacuation center due to the wild fires they are experiencing in NW Ontario. Argh!!

7/28/21 @ 5:05 AM
Deerlake1
USER SINCE 6/20/13

Does everyone realize that the Canadians are doing random instant testing at the border and if your in a vehicle with more than one person and one tests positive you ALL either have to quarantine for 14 days or return to US? This info is from Eagle Lake Island Lodge email to their clients.

7/27/21 @ 3:26 PM
nbadger23
USER SINCE 7/23/21

Credace, I asked that question of the Canadian Border Service today and they said the 72 hour window is from time of test to time of border cross, as opposed from time of test result to time of border cross. This is what I expected them to say but wanted to confirm.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 203 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.