Darin - Lake-Link
MEMBER SINCE 5/17/01

Keep this on topic! 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 130 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

TODAY @ 10:41 AM
Buckskin
USER SINCE 5/19/04

Yeah, go there if you want current regs, but there is plenty of people in the know that divulge tidbits here and there.  Heck, our government is a sieve when it comes leaky sources...

Most of the Lodges are saying the same thing, a possible opening in late July.  We got same info from ours, just got email yesterday.

TODAY @ 10:40 AM
Shad
USER SINCE 8/27/01

Canada just started Step 1on June 11, which will be in place for 21 days.  If all goes well, then Step 2 and so on.  After Step 4, then they consider Non-Canadians.  

So if you are looking for something happening, maybe September, IF all goes well.  But as we are telling our customers, 2022 is the plan.  

TODAY @ 8:56 AM
mopesrus
USER SINCE 4/8/13

I suggest you go right to the "official" source for information rather than relying on what a buddy or a random person posting on a thread has to say. Go to  Canada Border Services Agency web page for latest and greatest intel.

www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html 

6/13/21 @ 9:37 PM
Canada Bound
USER SINCE 2/19/10

From what I heard Canada is supposed to be making a announcement in regards to the border in the next couple of days.I’ve heard different scenarios not sure what is true and what is false. From what I read when they do start opening it up, property owners and people with immediate family will get a chance to cross the border before tourist will. And property owners haven’t gotten a chance yet. I also heard one plan involved 21 day intervals easing up on restrictions every 21 days so time will tell if any of this is true.

6/13/21 @ 1:51 PM
peanut09
USER SINCE 1/17/10

I emailed our resort today to see if they had any guess what is going on. I didn't hear back yet. Hopefully the border opens soon. We have reservations for July 24-31. Fingers crossed it happens and we are vaccinated. Good luck to all.

6/13/21 @ 8:32 AM
Deerlake1
USER SINCE 6/20/13

A camp on Eagle is preparing for our arrival late July . They called us. The two- twenty one day periods end around July 22nd and they hope the border could open as soon as July 24 . This will only happen if the politicians can-skip the third 21 day period and see that the risk is minimal and the economy needs to open back up asap.

I am in central Wisconsin and we have been in restaurants, taverns, Walmart, Tractor Supply, etc . without masks for months. The county I live in has 25,000 residents ( 60,000 vacationers during the summer months) and in 18 months less than 10% have had Covid (2,207 as of May 28) and no new deaths in over a month. Recovered case count 2,160. More people had the flu in 2019 in our county than had Covid. I am not saying it shouldn't be taken seriously, as those with health risks always need to take extra precautions but to not be able to sit on a lake in the middle of Canada and fish at this point in time is not good for the outfitters in Ontario and the rest of Canada.

I have my shots and ready to rumble to the North!

6/12/21 @ 3:02 AM
Paranoid Percher
USER SINCE 8/19/18

Jay I love your fake news propaganda and government talking points no one is on Facebook or Twitter cause they ban the truth

6/11/21 @ 9:52 PM
Jaypadg34
USER SINCE 5/8/20

FYI to all.  They removed the polluted "vaccine" thread on general discussion likely because of buckskin spreading so much disinformation there.  So now he's here getting his "fix" spreading garbage. 

I'm sure this guy has been banned by Twitter, Facebook, etc and this is his last outlet

6/11/21 @ 9:43 PM
Jaypadg34
USER SINCE 5/8/20

buckskin

Nobody is interested in your Qanon, antivaxx, conspiracy theories 

6/10/21 @ 5:04 PM
Mike C 2018
USER SINCE 8/31/18

This came across my newsfeed last night.  Sadly I'm thinking late fall at best but most likely 2022 for fishing.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/09/canada-border-travel-492914

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 130 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.