Darin - Lake-Link
MEMBER SINCE 5/17/01

Keep this on topic! 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 135 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

TODAY @ 12:22 PM
mopesrus
USER SINCE 4/8/13

No comment from me other than a link to the news story.  

Keep calm and fish on!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/u-s-canada-extend-border-closure-for-at-least-another-month/ar-AALbTxE?ocid=msedgntp

TODAY @ 10:23 AM
peanut09
USER SINCE 1/17/10

I knew that would happen. Better luck next year.

TODAY @ 10:18 AM
Kutt2
USER SINCE 10/31/15

See you next year btchez

TODAY @ 2:24 AM
Jaypadg34
USER SINCE 5/8/20

Buckskin.  How do you plan to cross the border if they open this year?  Are you going to forge a vaccine card?  You've been very clear here that you're antivaxx and into qanon.  I'm genuinely curious on your strategy for crossing.  Will you try to cross illegally and screw the rest of us?

I'll wait for your other account as the pansy percher to reply first, lol

6/15/21 @ 6:48 PM
Mike C 2018
USER SINCE 8/31/18

I'd say any camp owners who are in camp right now could be ready to open pretty damn quick. The larger operations might have a harder time because of staffing issues but after year & half of no income I think they will find a way to adapt.  I know my camp owners will be ready to open as late as Sept 1.  They said a month of income is a month of income.  They just need that candy a.. Trudeau to pull his head out and open the damn border...

6/15/21 @ 10:53 AM
Buckskin
USER SINCE 5/19/04

Ours is open and ready to go when it border insanity ends and very optimistic about that happening.

6/15/21 @ 10:44 AM
Jumbee
USER SINCE 8/20/12

Even if the border did open on say July 1. How many resorts are going to take the steps and investment to open for only half the resort season?  Can they find the help they need? Can you risk opening up only to have an outbreak somewhere in the country and get shut down 3 weeks later?

I'd guess at this point a whole lot of resorts aren't going to open this year even if border crossings would be allowed.

6/15/21 @ 7:37 AM
Buckskin
USER SINCE 5/19/04

It is ridiculous that the border is still closed. Covid is essentially gone down here and they are worried about what??? Insanity.

Heard  from a resident in Thunder Bay that they just eased stay at home, so they can go to more places than just grocery store... wow, must be a lot of drinking going on up there!  We've been back to near normal since last May. 

6/15/21 @ 12:23 AM
Mike C 2018
USER SINCE 8/31/18
6/14/21 @ 10:41 AM
Buckskin
USER SINCE 5/19/04

Yeah, go there if you want current regs, but there is plenty of people in the know that divulge tidbits here and there.  Heck, our government is a sieve when it comes leaky sources...

Most of the Lodges are saying the same thing, a possible opening in late July.  We got same info from ours, just got email yesterday.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 135 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.