MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Canadian Border opening to non essential travel?

10/4/20 @ 9:57 PM
ORIGINAL POST
doorman
doorman
USER SINCE 12/28/06

Resort owners, Canadian residents or people in the know. When will the boarder open? 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 140 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

TODAY @ 7:06 PM
Buckskin
USER SINCE 5/19/04

Canada didn't get a surge up until now, this might be the peak coming up next few months.  You can follow same trend the US took.   Lockdowns do nothing as you can again see in US where strict states has similar stats as those that were open.

TODAY @ 3:27 PM
Bigpike1
USER SINCE 2/28/02

You would think with all lock downs the Canucks already were under and the strict regulations the government put on them it would of deterred a covid crisis they currently have. Makes you go hmmmmmm.

Meanwhile here in my county (Price) the current covid cases are in the signal digits after the surge last fall. 

TODAY @ 12:48 PM
Paranoid Percher
USER SINCE 8/19/18

Reason new test peroid.Same way in the states remember these test say goats and paw paws get it test are fake

TODAY @ 12:32 PM
toughontrout
USER SINCE 12/21/20

Hey Paranoid, please read the previous posts in regards to that and the border closing. Canada is CURRENTLY going through a terrible surge, and Thunder Bay is in a red-alert lockdownas of midnight 2/25/21

TODAY @ 8:42 AM
Paranoid Percher
USER SINCE 8/19/18

There is goona be a surge in cases soon in Canada they changed the number of cycles on the test to 30 from 20 so more case. In the US it was 40 cycles now down to 20 and hardly any positive test any more go figure.

TODAY @ 8:07 AM
Buckskin
USER SINCE 5/19/04

While that may be true, that is specific only to cruises.  They announced that cruises will not be allowed to port in Canada through Feb 2022 a couple months ago.  Even that could change, not like cut it's into stone...

TODAY @ 5:49 AM
yamatroller
USER SINCE 5/7/06

Talked to a Travel agent end of last week and she had just gotten the word that Canada will not be opening up for travel this summer. She had to Cancel all of her cruises planned to Alaska out of Vancouver because of this. 

3/1/21 @ 8:16 PM
toughontrout
USER SINCE 12/21/20

kona77, thank you

2/28/21 @ 8:04 PM
kona77
USER SINCE 6/20/13

ToughonTrout-

Obabikon is a "User Name" for a resort owner on Lake  of the Woods. He frequently posts on a different fishing website (Walleye Central) and he put together a very well thought out letter to various Canadian Govt. Officials.  He asked other Walleye Central members to also follow-up (which I did) and e-mail the same govt. officials. What was posted earlier was a response that was sent to various folks who sent the email.. If you want to see the actual letter/data on Walleye Central it is under the "Eh Canada" forum. Once again it is a well written document that goes over a lot of the benefits NW Ontario gets from US fishing/tourism and explains the hardships realized by hundreds of outfitters and all the supporting business owners to that industry..  I just posted the E-mail address's that were copied on the letter (see below).. Most of the Govt/folks did not reply but Mr. Powlowski did.. 

Darin- I hope it was OK for me to post this data that was on another fishing website.  

[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected]

2/28/21 @ 7:24 PM
toughontrout
USER SINCE 12/21/20

Hey Kutt2, does this guy from the Parlament have an email address or someway we could correspond with him? Just wondering

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 140 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.