Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

All canada show

1/9/20 @ 2:05 PM
ORIGNAL POST
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Made it safe and sound to st charles.Come on in and visit me in the Anishinabi Lake Lodge booth.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/14/20 @ 1:39 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Wini-  I understand your points. We used to fly out of Red Lake for years and it was also 100lbs thru that outfitter.. This outfitter did fly in our beer before hand and only charged us for the cost of the beer (nice benefit).. Our current outfitter does add a "fly-in" charge for the beer and we end up paying over $50/case.. We also eat very, very well on our trips.. We always have 3 separate meals besides fish (Steak, Spagh/meatballs are two staples) and we always have a big breakfast and bring misc. lunch  stuff and snacks.. I pack all the food and misc stuff (Paper towels, garbage bags, oil etc) and we have a detailed trip list and weigh all our stuff before we pack our trucks for the trip.. Of course we also have to account for the fishing gear/locators etc but we always laugh about all the extra stuff we always bring up that we never use.. 

Agree it would be nice to have some extra wiggle room but our group has been able to meet the 100lb limit with the proper planning. And yes, our current outfitter (Clarks Resorts) is OK if we come in a little over.. I am already counting the days to June. Hope your group has a great trip and appreciate the updates you post on the trips.  

1/14/20 @ 8:55 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06

Let me expand on my comments. We fly out of Red Lake. Just about everybody I’ve talked to there is at 150 pounds. I also note that some of them advertise that they will fly in additional items for you midweek without charge.

I think it does make a difference if you fly in your beer separately.. That can be quite costly. The beer drinkers in my group do not like to pay have beer flowing in.

I don’t know how you do it with 100 pound limitation My group likes to eat well and we only consume fish three times during the week we are there. I guess it’s possible, but the last thing I want to do is be in Canada for a full week and not have enough baits that are working well.

I agree that excessive weight is a problem for those that run the camps. However my point was I don’t want to be nickeled and dimed for nominal overweight poundage. Remember we are consumers and customers of these camps and we can express disappointment at some of their policies. We do have the right to go to camps that provide the best services and prices and we shouldn’t be afraid to point out that other camps do things differently. I personally hope more camps allow additional weight without additional cost.

1/13/20 @ 12:04 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Wini-  You mentioned a 150lb weight limit?? Most of the outfitters I review seem to be at 100lbs (or less for American plan).. We have our packing and trip list pretty well defined after 20-25 years and can usually make the 100lb imit.. Only caveat is we do have to have our beer flown in separately.. I do agree it would be a lot easier with more weight but I understand why outfitters have to post limits to help with flight costs    

1/13/20 @ 9:35 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06

While I didn’t make it to the show this year, I did receive the newspaper issued by the show through the mail. I always enjoy the stories from the groups that went last year. I also noticed in one of the advertisements by one of the fly in camps in Northwestern Ontario that they do not charge for being overweight. I would really like to see more camps adopt such a policy. I’m not talking about those that bring 300 pounds of gear per person, but certainly some degree of tolerance beyond the normal 150 pounds is really appreciated.

1/10/20 @ 11:14 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Thanks for that offer. Got pretty much everything we need.But coming to yak with me would be great.

1/9/20 @ 7:51 PM
colddriver1
User since 12/20/16

Welcome,glad you made it. If you need anything  let me know I live a few mins from phesant run. I will try and remember to stop and say hi! 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.