SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Cedar Lake, Ontario

4/12/02 @ 9:09 AM
INITIAL POST
Poboy
User since 1/9/02
I am planning a trip to Cedar Lake in late June. I was wondering if any one has been there. Any suggestions? Patterns? Hot spots? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Displaying 76 to 90 of 935 posts
8/21/19 @ 8:30 PM
1Jigfish2
User since 4/29/14

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the info. Sometimes we like to explore, we have never been up past the entrance to Perrault. We may have to try some of these new areas this fall, depending on weather and fishing in Cedar.

8/20/19 @ 11:03 PM
CrystalLakeMonster
CrystalLakeMonster
User since 11/22/10

Yes Spadina is through Perault lake.  Go through the narrows and when the lake opens up head straight, maybe a little to the left, until you hit shore.  You have to go through a small creek that isn't very deep and beavers have been known to get in there.  If you're dragging a large boat up there, it may not be worth it deapending on water levels.

Another option would be to hang a right before Spadina and go into moose jaw bay.  From there you can go up into Ord creek which is big enough for just about any boat I've seen in Canada.  Church lake is just as you come up into Ord creek on the right and holds some decent perch.  Lost lake is much further up just before the trappers cabin on the right.  Always cool to see the old trappers cabin, but the creek into Lost lake is barely wide enough to get any kind of boat through there.  I've only fished lost lake a couple times, but it's always been worth it, if your spirited enough to go into it.

I recommend going all the way up Ord creek into Turtle lake.  Have caught some MONSTER perch out of there.  But watch out when you go through the woods, there are some big boulders in there, but they also hold fish!!  If you do go up to Turtle lake you have to go to the falls.  As the lake opens up head just left of the big bluff in the middle from there you go up another small creek, not too far, but you will hit the falls and can catch everything.  More water = better fishing.

You can also catch plenty of perch and everything else right in Ord creek.  And it's always a good spot to see a moose.  But be careful all of these spots can be a little dangerous, all depends on what boat and motor you have.

8/20/19 @ 7:25 PM
bearfvr13
bearfvr13
User since 7/18/14

I believe that Crystal Lake Monster might be talking about a small lake outside of Perrault Lake,..theres lots of perch in there to be had. My son also caught a 40 inch muskie in there.  

Chuck

8/20/19 @ 7:07 PM
1Jigfish2
User since 4/29/14

CrystalLakeMonster, we are very familiar with Cedar. Thank you for your update. 

I know of all of the areas that you mentioned except for Spadina. I never heard of that, where is that at please?

We are heading up the end of September.

7/28/19 @ 12:26 AM
CrystalLakeMonster
CrystalLakeMonster
User since 11/22/10

Just got back from Keystone a couple of hours ago.  Did real well.  We averaged 40-50 walleye per person per day.  Water is a bit high.  Best spots for walleye were the island right across from camp on the backside/south side.  All around bald rock.  And Peephole a.k.a. Redwater bay in between the two islands.  11-16 fow trolling lindy spinners or Slow Death rigs.  Pay attention to where you catch fish and where you mark them on the locator if you do well in a certain spot park your boat in that spot and jig.  Virtually no crappie were caught by our group which hasn't happend in about 7 years.  Also crappie cycle through about every 7 years so we should have expected it.  Caught wind of crappies biting in the rapids second to last day, but it was to little to late.  If you don't know where the rapids are ask Dave or Leanne.  Perch fishing was awesome in Spadina but with the high water there aren't the weed beds you normally see.  Find a weed bed in Spadina and you will catch tons of perch, but you really have to sort through them.  Wi-fi is scketchy up there so hopefully you get this in good time.

7/27/19 @ 9:05 AM
Muskie44
User since 7/12/15

@hardcore fisherman 

we are starting are trip today at Keystone on Cedar. Any recent updates on fishing activity and water levels?

You are correct about putting your time in and staying on certain spots once fish are caught.

7/24/19 @ 12:22 PM
HardcoreFishinMadman
User since 7/24/19

"Jet Skis" and "Big ass boats" on Cedar Lake near Perrault Falls Ontario? 

I'm fairly certain two different lakes are being discussed. Of course we spend 90% of our time on the east side but I've never heard of jet skis or seen a big ass boat in the many years I've been going up there. Also totally agree with the guide. If you know where to and how to fish Cedar, you can have very good success. 

7/19/19 @ 5:18 PM
Shellfish
User since 7/19/03

Fished Cedar lake for first time 3rd week june with small group of fishing buddies.  We didn't cream the fish but did ok.  Best walleye day was 72 for one boat.  Most days if we targeted walleye  was 8 to 20 for boat.  We got better every day.  Our group caught 6 muskie over the week and we were not fishing for muskie.  Biggest close to 40in.  Lots of smallmouth and they were getting bigger every day.  Lake shaped like horseshoe.  West south end was a little busy but east leg was mostly quiet.  We just started to explore perault lake.  Overall, I think Cedar is a good lake.  No, it's not a fly in lake where walleye commit suicide every cast but for location and size, good.

7/19/19 @ 5:14 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Great attitude Joe.and by the way I've fished there a lot and have not seen a jet ski.but seen a lot big ass boats going from one end of the lake to the other causing more waves than a jet ski would.good luck.youll enjoy it.lots of muskies.i will be out there Sunday in someone's private.

7/19/19 @ 1:29 PM
MuskyJoe29
User since 7/14/19

Hey Fellas. Coming up to Cedar next week. Just touching base with you guys on any last minute reports or thoughts on the lake and it’s Musky. I talked to fishingguide and appreciate the advice he gave. Unfortunately he is booked up that week so we will explore on our own. I posted about cedar on the other forum and only had a few guys telling us what a big mistake we made and Cedar is full of jet skiers and the fishing is horrible. I don’t care about any of that crap. Just looking for some advice. Tight lines guys. 

7/15/19 @ 6:58 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Having trouble with msg.email or text me Joe.

1-807-220-0860

[email protected] 

7/14/19 @ 8:30 PM
MuskyJoe29
User since 7/14/19

Fishing guide. I PM’d you. Looking for a guide. 

7/14/19 @ 5:56 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Sorry to hear about your bad luck in cedar.i guided last teus and wed on cedar.i came to the camp cook out so yòu would of seen me there and my white boat I had parked on my trailer.both those days were good walleyes days and teus did half a day of muskies.had 2 16 yr old boys with me and we saw 11 fish in 3 hrs.boys need some more experience and they would get some of those fish.i took a man and his wife out from cabin #7 yesterday.they are staying there for a month and had caught no fish last.we caught around 60 walleyes yesterday.its not the lake at fault here.season is late for everything.fish just aren't on the deeper spots yet but I see a bunch of boats trying to fish.yesterday we caught them in the weed beds and rock piles 3-5 ft.every year things are diff in early season.perrault is the same.i fish there to.but I am sure this mid week they'll go deeper.but there are always fish in the weeds all year.today I fished eagle and found walleyes at 23 ft.give it another try next year.its a great lake.

7/14/19 @ 4:28 PM
sh5469
User since 10/4/02

JACKO, Give Rocky Shores Lodge a try on Perrault. We fish primarily for walleyes but do catch muskies and see some when fishing. Lots of people fish the lake for muskies. The owners would be very happy to put you one fish.

Steve

7/14/19 @ 9:57 AM
FISHING REPORT
JACKO
User since 10/8/01

Got back last night from a week on Cedar. This was our 3rd year on Cedar but don’t think we’ll be back. Fishing was horrible all week and wasn’t much better last year. Only caught 2 muskies, and only found 1 spot all week were you could catch a few walleye. I ended up going to up Perrault and a camp owner gave us a couple walleye spots. Caught a few smallmouth but they were all tiny.  No one else in our camp (Clarks) was catching fish.  And the peole working there seem more concerned with their fly-in operation than helping people in camp find fish. Water temp 72.  Caught the musky on bucktails  in Hatfield Bay with wind blowing in. 

Displaying 76 to 90 of 935 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE