Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Cedar Lake, Ontario

4/12/02 @ 9:09 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Poboy
User since 1/9/02
I am planning a trip to Cedar Lake in late June. I was wondering if any one has been there. Any suggestions? Patterns? Hot spots? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

DISPLAYING 51 TO 60 OF 901 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/27/19 @ 7:41 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Spent last monday/Tuesday out there.cold surface temp.45 f.but bite was good Monday and Tuesday it slowed a bit with a cold front.my son fished there yesterday and took him a bit to find active fish but once he did it was very good.crappies also biting.ill find out wed as ism taking a party there.

5/27/19 @ 7:27 PM
tacoma96
User since 2/23/15

John have you been fishing Cedar at all this year? Just curious how the bite is?

5/22/19 @ 7:08 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

If your headed to cedar lake and depending which camp your at you can get your minnows at clarks there at northern lights resort on the camp Robinson rd.right off hwy #105.biggest bait dealer I Ontario.

Clarks provides minnows to all there guests on both drive inns and fly inns.

5/21/19 @ 4:30 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Wini- Bobby's is right off Hwy 17 in V. Bay.. Gas station with a decent supply of bait/fishing equipment and food/snacks etc.. They have a website with more data if you are interested.. We have stopped a couple of times as we take 105 up towards Red Lake.. 

5/21/19 @ 9:37 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06

Where is Bobbies?

5/20/19 @ 7:03 PM
CHISEL
User since 6/19/01

We always stop at Bobbies they have a large selection of sporting goods plus bait and gifts. They sell bulk leeches and decent minnow prices vs the resorts.  Another option is Rainy Lake sports which you will pass in Fort Francis on the left right across from the water. They sell bulk leeches also   

5/20/19 @ 6:48 PM
willythewalleyekid
User since 1/23/02

Bobby's sport shop in Vermillion Bay. 

He has ice cream too!

5/20/19 @ 6:18 PM
tacoma96
User since 2/23/15

I am looking for minnows in Canada maybe around Dryden or vermilion bay. Leeches are not allowed to cross the border.

5/20/19 @ 5:30 PM
CrystalLakeMonster
CrystalLakeMonster
User since 11/22/10

Minnows have to be frozen with salt or borax.  NO LIVE MINNOWS across the border.  Worms are ok as long as they are in bedding, not plain dirt. Tell the local bait shop when you order a flat your going to Canada, they'll know what to do. We bring a flat of nightcrawlers for about every 4 guys in our group.  Pretty sure you still can't bring leeches across the border.

5/20/19 @ 3:12 PM
tacoma96
User since 2/23/15

Headed to Cedar Lake again in a couple of weeks and looking for some help. Any idea where and how much bulk love bait should cost. Also how do you transport your bulk minnows to the lodge? I plan on using a sinkable bait enclosure when I get to the lake. Any other concerns I may have overlooked? Just wanting to avoid some of the cost of buying at the lodge.

DISPLAYING 51 TO 60 OF 901 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.