Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Cedar Lake, Ontario

4/12/02 @ 9:09 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Poboy
User since 1/9/02
I am planning a trip to Cedar Lake in late June. I was wondering if any one has been there. Any suggestions? Patterns? Hot spots? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 885 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 1:03 PM
mac da gaff
mac da gaff
MEMBER since 9/23/01

Back from Cedar Lake Sat. pm. I would love to say we smoked the Musky but not so much. Almost all of our musky came on walleye presentations. We could raise fish on a regular basis but they would seldom commit.

Rather than admit we are poor musky fishermen we will blame it on the 4 days of rain and winds of 20 mph. from the east. Walleye fishing was almost easy, 17 to 27 FOW Gulp plastics and crawlers caught eyes, with the larger fish 21" to 27" caught on Gulp. Several Smallies were incidental catches while walleye fishing along with a couple off smaller pike we hooked while skie fishing.

Crappies and perch eluded us again but hope to polish that technique next year. We are planning on moving our week up to late August to attempt to get a favorable weather pattern.

Even with the 38 deg F wake up temps we had a good time. Water temps dropped from 64 F to 58 F in our week. 

Still can hear the Eagles and Loons as I go to sleep, can't wait till next year and will pray for a break from the weather Gods.

Mac out, thanks for all the help !!!

9/3/19 @ 7:42 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Hopefully it will be a bit calmer.lol.ill be on cedar lake next 2 days for walleye/.usmie and crappie so hope I'll have a good report.

Had a good day of walleye yesterday with the des Moines boys on the Indian Lake Chain.

9/2/19 @ 7:09 AM
czar312
User since 8/19/14

Had a great time August 29 on Cedar Lake with John's Outdoor Adventures. First time on Cedar and first time with John, couldn't be happier. Only thing better is if the winds had been lighter. Thanks John for taking the time to show us a great crappie experience. Booked the same week next year and will be giving you a call.The Iowa Boys

8/31/19 @ 7:31 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

You got that right.got some boys coming from des moines.they are bring some sweet corn,pork tenderloin and rib eyes.lol.they are trying out Clark's KC,s camp on Edward lake which is on the Indian lake chain.Ill be taking them out 2 days there for walleye/muskie.Hope I'll have a good report.

8/30/19 @ 2:58 PM
csbadvisor
User since 12/1/09

Hey fishguide, Only thing better than crappie and walleye on Cedar is a pork sandwich from Iowa.  Hope you had a good season John.

8/30/19 @ 7:05 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Had a crappie day planned for Cedar Lake and yesterday myself and 6 guys from Iowa met at Clarks.We launched our boats there and took one rental boat.Wind was still a issue as it has been all week but Cedar Lake is laid out pretty nice where you can get out of the wind.It was still very windy in a couple of spots we fished but the results we had was worth it.Guys were amazed at the size of the crappies and at the rate we catching them.There has been posts saying the crappies are down or a 7 year cycle is the culprit causing them to be slower this year. yesterday's fishing proved all that wrong.we all ended up catching a bunch of walleyes throughout the day also.The other private boat had a bbq on board and we were all served some hot pork burgers with everything premixed in,That was a real treat.

8/30/19 @ 7:02 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Had a crappie day planned for Cedar Lake and yesterday myself and 6 guys from Iowa met at Clarks.We launched our boats there and took one rental boat.Wind was still a issue as it has been all week but Cedar Lake is laid out pretty nice where you can get out of the wind.It was still very windy in a couple of spots we fished but the results we had was worth it.Guys were amazed at the size of the crappies and at the rate we catching them.There has been posts saying the crappies are down or a 7 year cycle is the culprit causing them to be slower this year. yesterday's fishing proved all that wrong.we all ended up catching a bunch of walleyes throughout the day also.The other private boat had a bbq on board and we were all served some hot pork burgers with everything premixed in,That was a real treat.

8/30/19 @ 7:00 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

8/29/19 @ 8:51 AM
mac da gaff
mac da gaff
MEMBER since 9/23/01

fishguidealso,

Thanks so much for the information. We are guilty of not actively targeting them in the weed beds. We will need to give that a try. Our attempts at catching the crappie have been with plastic/gulp on wind blown points. We stumbled into a few but never any concentration of them.

We know they are there just need to refine the location/presentation.

Thanks again, we are having a hard time sleeping at night in anticipation of our adventure,

Mac

8/28/19 @ 8:40 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Mac there is no need to travell very far for the perch.they are all over cedar.spend your time looking there.all the weed beds and rock piles have them.not all huge but you have to filter through them.maybe your not fishing for them the right way.weedless jigs defiantly help you out or a drop shot with a weedless hook also works great and of course a slip bobber.nelson lake is very good.east bay.4 o'clock bay2 nd narrows.and time square can go on and on.did real well on perch last week and the crappies are on fire to.try the diff ways to fish them.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 885 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.