Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Cedar Lake, Ontario

4/12/02 @ 8:09 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Poboy
User since 1/9/02
I am planning a trip to Cedar Lake in late June. I was wondering if any one has been there. Any suggestions? Patterns? Hot spots? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 907 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

TODAY @ 7:51 AM
csbadvisor
User since 12/1/09

Hey John, good to see you post, hope your family is weathering this crazy virus.  Agree on the Crappie bite, several years ago you could limit out as quickly as you could toss in live well and get line back in the water.  Last few years it took a bit more hunting.  Hope to see you on the Lake 1st week of June 2021.

11/30/20 @ 9:28 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Not sure on border ooening stuff but think its closer to opening than last year. As far as the fishing goes it will be definatly good as Cedar always is.I fished it a lot this summer and really couldnt see any difference as i caught fish as i normally do.But iam sure there are more fish to catch as there was very little pressure.Only a few boats out some days and other days i would see none.All camps were closed with only a few Canadian parties at Clarks.All lakes were like that.Even Lac Suel was very quite.I can say the most exciting time was the crappie spawn as i usually have guide dates but this year got to take my wife for her first time fishing the spawn and she couldnt beleive how easy it was to catch them.Crappie bite will be very noticeable next year as that's one fish that gets targeted a lot.I think with the vaccines coming out and rapid testing i think there are chances border will open.Maybe also with proof of accomadations or something like tgat but not a full blown opening.

11/27/20 @ 9:56 AM
HardcoreFishinMadman
User since 7/24/19

I thought we'd be golden but now started seeing articles saying border could be closed well into 2021 or until 2022. Maybe it's clickbait or something because I don't see how with at least two vaccines. I can't see how many resorts could last with another year of little to no revenue. If they keep it closed until 2022 they're completely insane. 

11/23/20 @ 11:32 PM
csbadvisor
User since 12/1/09

Our group is thinking the same thing.  Hope we can get up there in 2021

11/20/20 @ 11:26 PM
HardcoreFishinMadman
User since 7/24/19

"Well since this years trip is out the window I hope next year has a lot of fish." We've talked about this a lot. Pretty much 19 months of extremely low fishing pressure to mostly none at all. How will this affect fish behavior? There has to be thousands and thousands of fish that were not harvested due to the shutdown. If  you know how to fish it's not hard at all to catch fish at Cedar but does this mean it might be even better for a year or two? We are counting the seconds to find out...

5/27/20 @ 8:35 PM
tacoma96
User since 2/23/15

Well since this years trip is out the window I hope next year has a lot of fish.

5/13/20 @ 11:13 AM
Buckskin
User since 5/19/04

I'm quite sure the border closure will be extended past May 21st, but that article has nothing to do with the border, basically stay at home order.  Here is article stating that it will likely go at least another month past the 21st.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/canada-looks-to-extend-u-s-border-closure-another-month-pm-says-talks-going-well-1.4937528?cache=yes%3FclipId%3D89531%3FclipId%3D89531%3FclipId%3D86116 

5/13/20 @ 10:37 AM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

Here is the link for info on Border still closed till June .

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-s-state-of-emergency-extended-until-june-2-1.4935426

5/13/20 @ 9:51 AM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

We were just notified by our lodge that our June 21 trip is probably pushed back to July 21. The reason is they continued the border closure to June 2 and probably longer. Sorry it's not good news.

5/13/20 @ 9:36 AM
Buckskin
User since 5/19/04

Close to zero.  We have a Fly In planned end of July and I am running out of hope for that to even happen in this fear driven environment that we are in.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 907 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.