Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Chicago Bears

8/2/02 @ 9:03 AM
ORIGNAL POST
smug
User since 7/3/01
Some notes on the Bears' minicamp from football.com.

Quarterback Jim Miller looked to have no ill effects from the health problems he experienced during mini-camp. One thing that did impress us is how Miller was threading the needle in between defenders. He was on target and had a good amount of zip on the ball. We have to imagine that some of his receivers may have had sore hands after hearing the cracking sound of the ball hitting them in the hands on many occasions. Another thing that may be a bad omen for Chicago opponents is how the deep passes were hitting the receivers.......right in stride many times. And on the incompletions, there were no short rounds that would be easy pickings for defenders. In a nutshell, Miller showed no weakness in terms of arm strength. Chris Chandler also made some nice throws, but it was Miller who impressed us most.

Another thing that stood out were the dropped passes.......or maybe we should say the lack thereof. The Chicago receivers took some heat last season for their inconsistent play, specifically drops and bad routes. Outside of some rustiness by Marcus Robinson early in the day, the drops were pretty much absent, and the routes looked sharper. Marty Booker still looked to be the man, and even took a bow after hauling in a bomb that prompted the fans chant his name. But Dez White and David Terrell were sharp as well. White has made major progress in his game from 2001. So much so, that Booker and White are the starting receivers at this point, according to coach Dick Jauron. David Terrell is right there on his heels, and appears to be all business as he enters his second season.

DISPLAYING 16 TO 30 OF 10,204 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/11/19 @ 1:32 PM
chaw
User since 9/11/02

Just read your post from 10/9 Big Musky. Totally agree the Bears would be dangerous if their offense could score 20 or more. If the Bears don’t figure out a way to fix their offense they won’t be a playoff team. Their schedule is tough coming up and losing to the Raiders didn’t help. 

I still think they have the ability to play much better football. 

10/10/19 @ 6:50 PM
Treeshark
User since 4/5/09

Welcome to Lake-Link, Ditkasperm. Lol

10/10/19 @ 6:21 PM
chaw
User since 9/11/02

I hate to say this but I don’t think Mitch has what it takes upstairs. I don’t know if it’s a lack of intelligence or a lack of experience. Some guys just see the game better than others. Joe Montana didn’t have great arm strength or speed but he really knew where to go with the ball. That is Trubisky’s greatest weakness.

Since he was drafted they have treated him like a project. I hope when he returns they treat him like a highly drafted quarterback who should be better at this point. Sometimes accountability isn’t a bad thing and Mitch needs to be accountable. 

10/10/19 @ 6:14 PM
River banned
User since 7/4/19

Trubisky sounds like Cutler reincarnated! All the talent in the world but...

10/10/19 @ 6:08 PM
chaw
User since 9/11/02

I’m guessing you’re a Chase Daniel guy? Trubisky isn’t great but he’s better than he’s shown this year. That last interception by Daniel was brutal. Trubisky is not great but he’s better than the backup.

10/10/19 @ 8:13 AM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

Hey Carpio,thanks for the "vote of confidence".

10/10/19 @ 8:04 AM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

Badgers.   I disagree with you. I actually understand where he’s coming from.        (Sometime).   CARPIO 

10/10/19 @ 7:15 AM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

That's not true gokansasbadgers!!!!

10/10/19 @ 12:25 AM
gokansasbadgers
User since 11/4/10

I find it funny that chitown managed to chime in the trolls.  He is literally one of the biggest Brewers trolls on Lake Link!! 

10/9/19 @ 8:45 PM
Bug zapper 2
User since 10/7/18

BM The pack is a 4-12 team.What are you smokin’ buddy?Thats right it’s legal in ill

10/9/19 @ 8:44 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

Raiders have one of the best if not best offensive line in the NFL. 

10/9/19 @ 8:43 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

How are we supposed to worry more about what has already been done?

10/9/19 @ 7:03 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02

Glad the Bears fans worry so much about how the Packers would be without Rodgers on the field. Maybe the Packer fans would worry even more if the Bears didn't trade up and take a QB NOT named Mahomes or Watson

10/9/19 @ 5:36 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Musky, At this point, I think the Bears have more work to do than the Pack. Bears got a Oakland RB going right down their throats, because your defensive line got beat by O-line of Oakland. JMO ??

10/9/19 @ 10:27 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04

The Bears only need to figure out how to consistently score 20 points a game to be a legitimate playoff team, get close to 30 pts and they will not be beatable.  Once Aaron Rodgers falls back into old habits of holding onto the ball forever, those big hits will add up and he will be on bench again with Packers piling up losses.   Remember - the packers are not like saints at all.  Saints are 10-6 team with HOF QB making them superbowl contender.  The packers are 4-12 team with HOF QB making them a playoff contender.   I do not by hype yet.  That cowboy team was exposed the week before packers in that loss and have only beat the worse teams in football with another dud coming up against Jets.   The biggest risk to Bears playoff hopes is the fact that teams like Cowboys get to play such garbage schedules and divisions.

DISPLAYING 16 TO 30 OF 10,204 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.