MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Whats the going price for boat storage or shrink wrapping?

9/15/14 @ 4:00 AM
ORIGNAL POST
antler junkie
User since 8/17/05
Got a 16 foot fishing boat and don't want to just tarp it.I did that with my last boat and had some problems.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/17/14 @ 12:16 PM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02
Wet-net - that is a great price for storage space. I was finding about double that when I looked in my area.

The Lohaus covers are great! I have had one since I bought the boat and have never regretted having it made. Works well for spring, summer and fall storage and trailering. Only problem is they don't shed snow and I had to brush it off after every snowfall the first winter I owned my boat. A steeper pitch is needed to shed snow.

9/17/14 @ 10:38 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
Another option would be to have a custom cover made. I've had Howard Lohaus in Cottage Grove make covers for both my boats. My cover on my 16" Lund is approximately 8 years old now, and that boat has been stored outside 365 days a year. The boat hasn't aged a bit. The covers aren't cheap, but you have year around protection (plus they are trailerable) and vs. storage or shrink wrapping, it will pay for itself over time.

9/17/14 @ 9:44 AM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03
For our pontoon boat I built something similar to fish's link out of 2x4's. Cost me probably $60 and covered with a tarp. Tarp will work as long as you make the pitch steep enough. I put 6" row of carpet down the 2x4 line to keep the wood from ripping the tarp. I have also sprayed the tarp with an oil spray to help slide snow and other debris off the tarp easier.

9/17/14 @ 8:11 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
As for shrink wrapping, I believe I saw a sign saying it was $8 per foot.

9/16/14 @ 8:07 PM
wet-net
User since 1/8/03
I pay $47.00 a month for a 10X25 storage unit with east exposer a cement floor and allot of room in front to back the boat in with ease.

9/15/14 @ 7:47 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02
I tried this product last year and it worked out pretty good: http://www.navigloo.com/en/Navigloo-Shelters/Fishing-Boats-c59c62.html

Will be saving a fair amount of coin over storage with each year I use it going forward. It shed snow well and stayed in good condition over the winter.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.