Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

What do you use to wash the hull your boat

7/8/16 @ 10:44 AM
ORIGNAL POST
skunk tamer
User since 3/2/08

I would like to know the best product to use to wash the Hull of a boat. I have a 1750 Crestliner Fishhawk Black/Charcoal.  The car wash soap I use doesn't touch the water spots on the hull. I would like to know what others use.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/13/16 @ 2:26 PM
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05

Glad it worked for you. The worst spots I had were on the cowl below the powerhead of my motor and the back of my transom. These area seemed to get splashed the most.  

7/13/16 @ 1:58 PM
skunk tamer
User since 3/2/08

Thank you for all the responses. I Thought I would start with the cheapest solution first and I had to go no further. Thank you jbird! cider vinegar and water worked FANTASTIC. Even on my Merc from the hood to the water line where the water spots were Nasty! Made it all look like new!

7/10/16 @ 10:40 PM
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05

I had water spots that wouldn't wash off after having my boat in the water for a week on vacation. I looked to the internet and found that a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water would take off the spots. Bought a spray bottle and sprayed the spots and wiped with a rag.  Came right off. I think I used a mixture of 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water. 

7/8/16 @ 5:46 PM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15

I use a product called PUR It works great on fiberglass hulls and it says it works on aluminum as well.After I wash the boat i always put a coat of Lucas Oil Slick Mist.. Great stuff fast and easy to use..  I have a relative that takes his aluminum boat to a truck wash once a year he says they have a chemical that makes it look like a brand new one.

You can find PUR on line it is sold by independent sales people.  Sportsmans Warehouse in Springfield Missouri sells it also. 

Big Ed’s Guide Service
(573) 692-6710
7/8/16 @ 4:22 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

This stuff works great for me,

my experience using Restore started 5 or so years ago after a friend was raving about it, I like the wax aspect of it too, but it also cleans

that being said, there are a ton of cleaners, etc., that would probably do a decent job

I'm sure there's home remedies that work too...

7/8/16 @ 2:08 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
A mixture of simple green and water should work.  Water spots are tough, though.  I got some orange stuff from MW Marine in Hales Corners that takes off water spots and is safe to the finish of your boat and engine hood.  I don't know the name, but you could call them and see what it is....

7/8/16 @ 11:33 AM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03

I use a water from inside through the water softener and vinegar mixture in a bucket. Put towel in bucket of mixture, ring out really well, and rub down boat or car. I was taught to never dry a vehicle with a dry towel that may scratch the paint. Now a days micro fiber cloth doesn't have those issues...

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.