Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

US 2 Sonar Failure

5/21/14 @ 7:26 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Burr Head
User since 6/19/08
I have a Terrova with US 2 Sonar. Lately it reads 1.2 feet on my Lowrance HDS -5 no matter what the depth. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/23/14 @ 2:04 PM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09
Good Luck Burr Head. I picked up my TM this morning with a new transducer cable installed {free}. Hopefully your issue is a simple one.

5/22/14 @ 3:08 PM
Burr Head
User since 6/19/08
Thanks guys - I have a lot of ideas to try this weekend. Talked with a Minn Kota repair center this morning and a new transducer installation runs about $175 and they need the unit removed from the boat.

I'm going to try all of your ideas first - hopefully it's something simple.

5/22/14 @ 2:17 PM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09
Burr Head, I dropped my TM off this morning at my Minn-Kota repair center.

As of right now,I am still wrangling with Minn-Kota do get it replaced {not repaired}under warranty.

5/22/14 @ 10:09 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
you should take a look at the US2 adapter and see if it looks like it was damaged as said earlier

not sure if it can be tested, but you could get a replacement adapter, just be sure to get the right one for your finder

Minn-Kota174-Universal-Sonar-2-Connector-Plugs

5/22/14 @ 6:54 AM
Burr Head
User since 6/19/08
THanks guys - the US-2 reads the same on both fish finders so it must be something with the Terrova.

Fonzie - What it the repair for a damaged cable?

5/21/14 @ 8:54 PM
wet-net
User since 1/8/03
I would hook up your other locator to the trolling motor and try that so you know if its the tm or locator.

5/21/14 @ 3:11 PM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09
Check the integrated tranducer cable and make sure it's not damaged...

I have a brand new Terrova and bow mount graph and of course within one day the head of my TM spun and kinked the cable and damaged it. The cable should run straight out of the bottom of your TM head.

Now all my graph does is operate in "demo mode".

I called Minn-Kota and they said a damaged/loose transducer wire causes your graph to act screwy.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.