SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

transom saver

12/12/16 @ 8:23 AM
INITIAL POST
hook, line&sinker
User since 4/18/07

Cannot find a decent transom saver that does not scratch paint on lower part of motor.  Motor is a 2013 Yamaha 50 hp, 4 stroke.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
12/17/16 @ 2:26 PM
mattg589
mattg589
User since 2/27/05

On my Dad's boat with a 115 Mercury, he had a transom saver with the rubber V and it was pretty useless. To help him out, I bought the transom saver pictured and just used the head off of it since he didn't have a back roller to use the bracket. That worked much better. 

I have a boat with a Mercury 150 Optimax and I personally use a Motor Mate. We could debate which transom saver is best all day, so it's really personal preference. I like this because the motor and boat are rock solid and there is no movement whatsoever. 

12/13/16 @ 8:31 AM
hook, line&sinker
User since 4/18/07

I have the same one as Paddle one.  It seems that I have to move it up and down to loosen it for removal.  The rubber on the inside of the V is scratching the paint. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks

12/13/16 @ 8:28 AM
hook, line&sinker
User since 4/18/07

12/12/16 @ 6:06 PM
boattech
User since 12/22/04

Wedges are nice but they are not transom savers.  All they do is hold the motor up for trailering.   They do nothing to support the weight of the motor bouncing down the road.

12/12/16 @ 2:51 PM
mvanhank222
User since 12/16/13
Just be careful with the wedges some of  the Yamahas have a grease fitting that you could snap the cover off of.
12/12/16 @ 10:30 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

been using the universal mywedge for a couple years on my 2012 Yamaha 70 tiller and like how it works and how easy it is to use and stow ... 70 has a single piston, that's why I got the universal model

www.m-ywedge.com/

...possible alternative for you, you will need to investigate

12/12/16 @ 9:42 AM
paddler1
paddler1
User since 12/10/14

??? How's it getting scratched? Mine has a rubber "V" motor rest, and has steel "S" hooks and a rubber bungee strap that wraps around to secure. Make sure the hooks are installed correctly and you should not have any metal/motor contact.

12/12/16 @ 8:34 AM
mvanhank222
User since 12/16/13

Those little rubber pads are scratching?

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE