Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Too much boat in water

7/12/17 @ 9:36 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Goosecaller
MEMBER since 7/21/01

I am running an Alumacraft Competitor 175 SC with a 115 Yami 4S. It seems to me (based on how other boats I had ran) that there is too much boat still in the water at WOT, even with the motor trimmed up to just before cavitation. I am throwing a big spray, when seemingly only the back 3' of the boat should be in the water. I am running a stock aluminum prop. Is this normal for this set-up, or should I be looking at different props or raising/lowering the motor? I am getting about 5600 - 5700 rpms, so that is about right....

Anybody have this issue before? Suggestions?

Thanks.....

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/18/17 @ 3:37 PM
John Schultz
John Schultz
User since 3/14/14

as said earlier, try raising your motor. When I had my navigator, it ran best with the motor on the last hole so the motor was as high as it would go. 

EyeChaser Guide Service
(608) 225-2395
7/17/17 @ 7:40 AM
Goosecaller
MEMBER since 7/21/01

Thanks, I may try moving the motor up as well.

7/13/17 @ 9:52 PM
Valkyrie
User since 6/30/15

I have a 2014 competitor side console with a 150hp etec. When I got the boat it felt like it was stuck in the water on plane. I have a stainless prop and did all my testing with it. I can look up pitch tomorrow. I raised the motor one hole at a time. It was amazing when I finally hit the 4th hole. The boat felt like a weight was lifted from it when on plane. I also have an aluminum prop for canada. I will admit that the aluminum will blow out on corners now. The stainless will stay hooked up. Been running the boat a couple years with the motor all the way up.

7/12/17 @ 8:21 PM
ayeFeesh
User since 5/17/11

I don't believe that boat has a pad on the hull, so there will always be more boat in the water than say a bass boat. 

You can post your prop pitch, RPM's when full trimmed,  and GPS speed if you like. Would help determine if there is any more speed to be gained.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.