Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Tent/shelter for fishing boat

3/1/18 @ 9:17 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Asleep at the Reel
User since 3/23/12

Anyone use a small and simple tent or shelter of some kind that can be set up on the deck of a fishing boat?  I would like to find something so that I can camp at a sandbar in my boat instead of on the ground.  I have an 18' Alumacraft so I have the floor space.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
3/1/18 @ 6:55 PM
beanbag
User since 12/17/09

you can get it in a single.

3/1/18 @ 6:22 PM
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Plus the mosquitoes to keep out 

3/1/18 @ 6:17 PM
SkiLLz4GiLLz
SkiLLz4GiLLz
User since 2/4/09

Buddy and I rigged up tarps for wind blocks and roof 4 early spring fishing...worked really well on not too windy days...people who saw us problaby thought we were nuts lmao

3/1/18 @ 2:14 PM
7thson
User since 6/4/06

We have always primitive camped a lot by boat on many bodies of water . Now that we're in our late 60's , it's getting harder and harder to pack and haul and do it again when we come home , then , put that all away again ! Only to dig it out three weeks later to do it over !

I found a place in Minn. called Canvas craft , that can make one for a fishing boat that will allow camping on board . Expensive tho' . The one for our Alumacraft would cost about $700 and take up a lot of room on board when fishing .

We are now looking to buy a pontoon boat and get a full enclosure . Depending on price , it could just be the ticket and, we can store everything right on board . Thoughts anyone ?

3/1/18 @ 11:07 AM
Jared
Jared
User since 7/22/01

What about a small dome tent and sleeping mat/bag, just a little smaller than your floor dimensions so it'd be easier to set up. Those tents don't take up a a lot of space when all wrapped up and are usually super easy to set up. 

Just a suggestion.

3/1/18 @ 11:02 AM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

this has been on my mind for a couple years also...always wondered if the tent I used previously that set up in the back of my truck, or maybe even a turkey blind, or even just a tarp cut/modified to fit the front and drape over the extended front pedestal and tied down....or if ya want to get fancy one could probably add snaps....I also am curious if anyone has done this....

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.