LOGIN
Lake-Link

Swivil- Eze boat seat post.

8/27/17 @ 3:59 PM
ORIGNAL POST
gray fox
gray fox
MEMBER since 2/22/08

Does anyone know how to remove push lock post from Swivil-Eze base.  Boat 4 months old.  I tried wd 40, strap wrench, pulling up. and nothing works  Put my back out on this stupid setup.  Got it out once. and put post back in with some white grease.  stuck again on both seats.

Must be some ease method.... can not find Swivil-Eze address or telephone number to complain.

Thanks for any help

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/8/17 @ 5:00 PM
gray fox
gray fox
MEMBER since 2/22/08

Thanks guys for all the info.

11/1/17 @ 5:29 PM
Gtuna
User since 3/26/04

I have found if I hold the removal tab and strike the same side with a rubber mallet it comes loose pretty well,hit the post up on top same side as tab.

11/1/17 @ 3:22 PM
boge
User since 2/2/06

Never use anything but silicone spray. I steel wooled a couple times first then spray,then wipe clean.Had to move my seats around all the time(wife,kids).This completely solved my problem.Do it a couple times a season.Both post and socket.

10/30/17 @ 11:27 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

know this is an old thread, but info may still be relevant to some

They are made by Attwod

www.attwoodmarine.com/store/category/swivl-eze

I've had these and you don't want to put any grease or oil in there, that just collects sand, dirt etc... try a small squirt of silicon spray 

button can be a little hard to push in, have to be pushing straight in, once in, try rotating the post a little so it stays pushed in, then you should be able to use 2 hands to grab the seat and rock and lift... at least that worked for me

10/30/17 @ 8:06 PM
Vanman
Vanman
User since 2/10/02

I had the same problem with the push button swivel eze post. Googled the problem and ended up using two floor jacks. I put a piece of about 12" long 2"x 4" under each side of the seat or I could word it in top of each jack so it would make contact with the metal plate the post goes into. Get the jack tight against the seat and try to slowly pump them at the same time. Don't stand over the top of the seat because when it pops it goes was the warning. I got pressure on each jack and started tapping the post with a rubber mallet. It worked for me. I would add that the floor jacks I used maxed out i think around 14 or 15 inches so my jacks were probably propped up on 2x4's. I hope this will help you. 

8/28/17 @ 11:31 AM
gray fox
gray fox
MEMBER since 2/22/08

Thanks eyesman.  Did the same, bought new base, put post into base stuck right away, with white grease on base, and post.  I am 79 years old, and can't be yanking an pulling on post.  What a piece of S--T.

8/27/17 @ 5:42 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

I have the same problem with my pedestals also. 1991 Smoker Craft. I found depressing the removal tab and bumping side to side on the top of the pedestal does lossen it eventually. Had a Swivel Eze permanently mounted adjustable pedestal that needed a replacement part (plastic bushing) that fit into the mount that fastened to the bottom of the seat. Called them and was given an e-mail address to communicate with. Nope can't sell that part separate, they were more than willing to sell me a complete new pedestal for a mear $25.00 more that I could buy it at Fleet Farm plus shipping. When I graciously declined, we'll not so graciously declined the offer and told them what I thought of their product and service I did not get any further response.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.