LOGIN
Lake-Link

Replacing a transom in a lund baron.

8/18/13 @ 8:14 AM
ORIGNAL POST
BIG MOSS 24-7
BIG MOSS 24-7
User since 11/2/09
I have a crack in my transom and the entire transom leaks.I bought it like this so it's probably been leaking for a while and I suspect there probably is other problems as well. I would like to get it fixed. Can any one recommend a place in the Milwaukee area and have a rough estimate on what it will cost to replace a transom? Thanks

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/18/14 @ 9:29 PM
BIG MOSS 24-7
BIG MOSS 24-7
User since 11/2/09
I had it done at fountain of youth and I thought they did a decent job. They just pretty much took the old transom off replaced the wood, and put the old one back on. I think it costed me just under $3,000. My only complaint was that they manually put the motor down by releasing the hydraulics and never tightened it back up . I couldn't figure it out so I had to take it to myechanic to get it fixed.

6/18/14 @ 9:17 PM
Buster1
User since 9/14/06
I took my fiberglass boat that had a crack in the hull to 3 different repair shops in SE Wisconsin for an estimate. Fountain of Youth was the only shop that was going to fix the problem correctly and gave me a fair price. I ended up fixing it myself, which was quite a learning experience, but would not hesitate using them for boat repair.

6/8/14 @ 10:17 AM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07
I've used the Fountain of Youth for boats for warranty gel coat work on my fish and ski.

I was really impressed, their work is really solid. I'd use them again in a minute.

I was in their back shop area, and some of the projects that they had underway really blew me away. Everything from structural repairs / holes in fiberglass boats, to pin-striping, to a new paint jobs and gel coats.

Never had any transom work done, but certainly in their wheel house.

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
6/7/14 @ 2:24 PM
crawler231
User since 5/20/05
Where did you end up getting your transom replaced? reasonable?

4/8/19 @ 3:05 PM
BIG MOSS 24-7
BIG MOSS 24-7
User since 11/2/09
It's there getting worked on this week. Thanks again.

8/18/13 @ 7:49 PM
BIG MOSS 24-7
BIG MOSS 24-7
User since 11/2/09
thanks,I'll look into it!

8/18/13 @ 1:22 PM
wolffram
User since 11/24/12
There is a place in north prairie, Its called the foutain of youth for boats.they could give you a price. The neighbors tree fell through my duck boat and they fixed it,did a great job,they also resewn my boat cover.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.