Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Ratcheting Transom Straps

8/18/16 @ 12:59 PM
ORIGNAL POST
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03

I'm in need to replace my Transom Straps soon, because 1 is starting to fray apart. I was thinking of spending a couple extra bucks and get the ratcheting style instead of the tradional 35" kind. Anybody have any positive or negative experiences with them.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 16 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/29/16 @ 7:43 AM
Fishn Jimmy
Fishn Jimmy
MEMBER since 7/21/01

Do yourself a favor...spend a few $$$ more and get the SS ones.. the cheepy one the return spring rusts and breaks w/usage.. the SS one are bulletproof.

9/7/16 @ 7:34 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

I have the ratcheting straps for my boat (not the retractable ones) they work just fine, have never come loose, put them on, click,click,click and the way you go....way better than the snap down kind which seemed to always work loose.....

9/7/16 @ 6:54 PM
jkb
User since 6/25/02

These straps are awesome.  It takes seconds to put them on and tighten them. I can trailer the boat and be on my way in less than 5 minutes by myself. (I've had lots of practice.)

Just be careful when you drill into the trailer when you are mounting them.  I was able to hit the wires to the lights on the first try.  (I don't think I could do that again if I tried.)

9/7/16 @ 4:51 PM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03

Here's a chuckle for you all. Other day went out with my son. We recover and I go to get transom saver and straps from truck. I ask him where did you put the straps..., the saver is here. He laughed and said they are already on the trailer, remember... LOL

9/7/16 @ 8:04 AM
fishen_soon
MEMBER since 6/24/14

I am with ED.  You don't have to put them in the back of your truck, they don't get all tangled up, and they work.  Now, lets find a transum saver that works the same way.

8/30/16 @ 9:12 PM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15

I think they are better than sliced bread.. Always where you left them . Don't have to worry about them falling in the lake...

Big Ed’s Guide Service
(573) 692-6710
8/25/16 @ 6:53 AM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

I put them on my boat and first time I tried to release one it would not budge!Had to un bolt it from trailer frame! At home I found a small bb size piece of welding spatter jammed  in the ratchet mechanism! Took that out and they have worked fine ever since,go figure!

8/25/16 @ 3:07 PM
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

Spray the ratchet with WD40 once a year.

6/10/09 @ 7:06 PM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03

Well I went with the Fulton brand which looks identical to the Reese and Cabelas retracting ratchet straps. The BPS straps had nothing but bad reviews and the Boat Buckles were much higher priced. Just put them on now when I got home from a night on the lake...

8/19/16 @ 3:03 PM
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

I have used them on all of my boats over the years and would not be without them.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 16 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.