LOGIN
Lake-Link

Older Evinrude Shifter Question

9/4/17 @ 2:45 PM
ORIGNAL POST
mattw
mattw
User since 5/6/16

Hey guys, question for you, have any of you have an older hidden control Evinrude Shifter ? I have an older Skeeter with a 1984 Evinrude 70 horse motor and have had issues with the trim tab button housing of the shifter cracking and falling apart. Omc part number 012353 is no longer available any where to fit this. My big question is have any of you retrofitted something newer to replace this shifter unit ?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/17/17 @ 6:22 PM
mattw
mattw
User since 5/6/16

Yeah been searching high and low, by chance checked eBay again and found a guy from Illinois selling a shifter for parts and had the one part I needed so picked it up for 25 bucks , thanks for the posts will see on Thursday what condition it's in when it arrives . Hope it's good because planning on hitting the lakes one last time this coming weekend Up North . 

9/14/17 @ 3:00 AM
Stratos219
Stratos219
User since 2/7/09

Might be a long shot, but have you tried calling around to dealers?  I would thing that a smaller type dealer might have one just sitting on a shelf. I know when I was looking for obsolete parts for previous boats, alot of times it might take making a few calls, but eventually I was able to track the part I needed down. You might even be able to find a dealer that does alot of repowers that has a throttle assembly they are willing to part out.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.