LOGIN
Lake-Link

Old Evinrude 10 HP - Fuel Line Disconnects From Motor

8/7/17 @ 3:48 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01
I love this little motor.  It starts easily, runs good, and is relatively low on maintenance.  I'm wondering if anyone has ever had an issue where the fuel line plugs into the motor of it coming lose often.  We'll be on the lake going full throttle and a few minutes later run out of gas to then notice the fuel line had been disconnected at the motor end.  I've tried replacing the connector and it still seems to do it.  Only other thing I can think of is to replace the fuel line connector.  Thoughts?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/8/17 @ 1:08 PM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

Yep repalce both connectors

8/8/17 @ 11:35 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01
I replaced the outside fuel line connector yesterday and finally it "clicks" when I put it on.  When I try to pump some gas though it appears that a lot of air is still getting in, so I ordered a fuel line connector off Ebay.  If I can figure out how to take apart some parts on the motor to get to it I'll try changing that part as well to see if I can stop the leak of fuel.  Those older motors weren't sealed as well as the new ones, I think, but still any gas in the water is not a good thing.

8/8/17 @ 7:40 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Replace both connectors with new ones.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.