LOGIN
Lake-Link

name this small hose

7/10/16 @ 7:42 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Trailblazer13
Trailblazer13
User since 3/3/13

Just noticed this hose was severed and just wondering about its purpose.  Going to the store today to replace but not sure if I could of caused any motor damage.  It's the bottom hose in pic just above the lower unit running through motor into fitting on motor.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/11/16 @ 7:15 AM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

I used to use a bottom bounce to clean the pee hole on y motor, but was alwasy concerned about sticking it through the hose.  Now I keep a 2' piece of Trimmer line in my boat for clearing pee holes, works great.

But to answer your initial question, that appears to be your speedo hose.

7/10/16 @ 11:33 PM
Gimper
User since 11/27/01

I'm naming it 'Buster', mostly cause it looks like it has the personality of a Buster.

7/10/16 @ 10:35 PM
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05

A golf tee makes a good plug for the pee hose to keep spiders from crawling up there and plugging it.  If it does get plugged I use a piece of weed whacker string to dislodge it. 

7/10/16 @ 10:48 AM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15

Yep it is the Speed O . There is a small hole in the front of your lower unit.  It pushes water up that tube and makes your Speed O work. If your speed o doesn't work like most boats. Take a paper clip straighten it out and stick it in the hole. Lots of time a small piece of wood or weeds get jammed in there and keeps the speed o from working. Same thing with a pee hole on a outboard. If they sit for a while they clog and don't pee a good stream.  Be careful but put a small wire in there and shake it around it will often open up your stream.  However a bad water pump causes the same thing. So be careful !!!!!   

Big Ed’s Guide Service
(573) 692-6710
7/10/16 @ 8:43 AM
Trailblazer13
Trailblazer13
User since 3/3/13

Interesting....I'll have to see if it works next time out..thanks

7/10/16 @ 8:01 AM
CHISEL
User since 6/19/01

Hard to tell from the picture but my guess is it's for your speedometer.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.