Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Motor craps out when I give it power

9/14/17 @ 6:25 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

Quick question for the motor guys.  My 8HP Nissan quit working yesterday on Bago.  It started and idled fine when I gave it gas it kept crapping out on me.  Suggestions on the problem.  Does it sound like a fuel filter issue.  Thanks for your help going up north in a few weeks and need to get it fixed.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/16/17 @ 6:54 AM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

The primer ball was still hard after we started the kicker.  I may buy a fuel filter just to be safe and change it.  Suggestions  Thanks again for everyones input.  Going on a trip in a few weeks and Mr. Procrastinator needs to get this done soon.

9/15/17 @ 6:18 AM
Edge
User since 2/28/07

Ok. Is your gas bulb still hard after motor acts up or do you have to squeeze it to get it hard again?

9/15/17 @ 5:30 AM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

I forgot to add the fuel is supplied by the main line.  Put a "T" in and the line is fed off it to the kicker.

Thanks for everyones help

9/14/17 @ 5:21 PM
12packabs
12packabs
User since 12/19/06

I vote for a tank venting issue.  Same thing happens to my Craftsman lawn tractor on occasion....loosen the gas cap and it works fine.

But it could be any of 100 things....

9/14/17 @ 9:35 AM
Publiclandhunter
Publiclandhunter
User since 8/31/11
My boat does the same thing I have a portable tank.  When it's sunny and warm out or when the boat is kept in the hot garage I have vapor lock issues.  If I'm on the lake on a hot day I have to vent and physically loosen the cap some to avoid it.  Also disconnect the gas line when not using.   

9/14/17 @ 7:58 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Fuel filter could be plugged.  If you don't have an in-line fuel filter, check the screen on the carb.

9/14/17 @ 6:57 AM
Edge
User since 2/28/07

Do you have your gasline hooked up to your main tank? If not check your vent on your portable tank.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.