Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Minnkota terrova

4/27/14 @ 11:26 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Lund forever
User since 1/21/08
I see that the Minnkota Terrova ipilot is available with or without the foot petal. If you have one of these units, what's your advise? Lund

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 20 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/3/14 @ 10:23 PM
Trailblazer13
Trailblazer13
User since 3/3/13
My boat is a skeeter S135. I'll add a third battery somewhere so I don't burn the troller up.. that would suck.

6/3/14 @ 6:52 PM
ditto
User since 12/6/10
Trailblazer, is your Skeeter a 1775? That's what I have and I put a 24V 80lb Terrova on it and I love it. If it's a 1775 I'm sure you could find a place to put two batteries in one of the forward compartments, mine has a battery compartment that holds two batteries and then another starting battery in the back of the boat.

My advice is to always run as big of motor as you can. If I could easily add a thrid battery I would and but a 36V 100lb on it.

6/3/14 @ 1:59 PM
poptop
User since 10/1/03
somethings not right you cant run a 24 volt terrova on one battery

6/3/14 @ 6:33 AM
B Fish
User since 6/26/10
Back to the original question of if you should buy the unit with the foot control?

YES.

Much of the this has to do with what you fish for, and where.

If you primarily are a caster like me for Muskie, it is difficult to have one hand free for a remote. I have only had my terrova/link for this year so I haven't really used the entire system yet, however I have not even used the remote yet.

I fish LOTW 5+ weeks a year so I don't want to be worried about the battery going dead on my remote so I have mounted my bow unit on a long ram. This brings it closer for my weaker eyes and also close that I can perform all the function of the remote throught my unit. I personally will probably never use the remote.

The main reason I purchased this system is for the follow the contour option and establishing and returning to routes. I should point out that (as far as I know) the follow the contour option only works on lakes that are mapped in HD. Even on the latest Version 5 lakemaster chip many of the lakes I fish are not in HD so the follow the contour only works on a limited number of lake. I would expect this will change in the future.

I haven't learned how to use the follow the route option yet but that should be nice.

So long story short and answering the original question, yes get the remote.

Have a good day. Smile

6/2/14 @ 10:19 PM
Trailblazer13
Trailblazer13
User since 3/3/13
Yeah I rarely use it only during crappie and gill fishing time. Starting battery is only hooked up to interior lights...live well and big motor...other battery is deep cycle and hooked to 24v terrova and locators and radio etc. Only have room for 2 batteries so now what? I should really start a new thread for this.

6/2/14 @ 4:07 PM
poptop
User since 10/1/03
unless u rarely use it i don't think you'd be happy stepping down from a 80 pd 24v to a 55 pd 12 volt. i assume they were using the cranking battery for half of the 24 volts needed to power the terrova. if you have two 27 series deep cycle batteries you could use them for the terrova. and get a 24 series dual purpose to crank the motor and power up electronics

6/2/14 @ 11:28 AM
Trailblazer13
Trailblazer13
User since 3/3/13
Its a 80#...maybe thinking getting a battery box and keeping a battery by driver seat on floor? Don't know why its set up with a 24v troller and only one battery to feed it.

6/2/14 @ 11:06 AM
Lund forever
User since 1/21/08
trailblazer13 what is the lb thrust on your trolling motor now? I had a 42 lb on my 17 ft lund and it did ok. the 55 lb terrova seems very close to the 42 lb. May be the new motor has a different weedless prop? I have not tried mine yet for actual trolling. Of course, the more drag you put on the more motor you need.

5/30/14 @ 10:06 AM
Trailblazer13
Trailblazer13
User since 3/3/13
question...Is a 55lb terrova enough to pull around my 17 skeeter deep v? I only use it on bago fyi in channels and bays. I have a 24v on there right now and dont have room for two batteries??? any advice??

5/21/14 @ 3:38 PM
Esoxluv
User since 8/16/05
My advise is get the foot petal - and get rid of the LUND Esoxluv

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 20 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.