LOGIN
Lake-Link

minn kota or motorguide?

5/17/14 @ 10:18 AM
ORIGINAL POST
frayed knot
frayed knot
User since 5/5/12
I'm looking to replace my old Evinrude trolling motor. i think its only 26 pounds of thrust and cant handle any kind of wind or current. my boat is a 16.5 Stratos FS. i was looking at the Minn Kota Edge 45# & the Motorguide FW40. i wish i had the money to go bigger and better ,but that in not the case. is the 36in shaft all i need (think that is what i have now)or is it better to go a little longer? I mainly fish smaller local lakes,but don't want to limit my self either. is there a better option for the same price range? need to stay under $500. thanks in advance and i look forward to your input Smile

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/18/14 @ 6:40 PM
fishhook
fishhook
User since 9/16/01
I've had 3 power drive foot controls,and never an issue.

With the I-pilot,I always use the the hand remote,except when jigging with 2 rods,then I use the foot pedal.

Minn-Kota Terrova I-Pilot: One awesome fishing tool.

5/18/14 @ 6:19 PM
rkloehn
rkloehn
User since 3/20/08
I have had multiple power drives and never had foot pedal issues

5/18/14 @ 4:02 PM
FISHING BUM
User since 4/29/10
Nothing wrong with foot pedals on powerdrives as long as you keep it somewhat dry and free from dirt and debri

5/18/14 @ 9:38 AM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
User since 2/15/10
whatever you do dont get a power drive. there foot pedals are junk

5/18/14 @ 5:53 AM
Point Muskie Hunter
Point Muskie Hunter
User since 1/28/13
Minn Kota is way better then motorguide they have more innovative technologies like for 500 dollars you can get a minn kota powerdrive V2 electric steer motor with a technology called auoto piolot and what that is if I point the motor t go North and press auto piolot the motor will go in a straight line North no matter what wind or current motorguide doesn't have anything like this. Or you could get one with a minn kota with a wireless remote. I myslef have a minn kota terrova with iplot gps trolling system and couldn't be happier. Check out them at these links they have some cool superior technology to motorguide.

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/products/trolling_motors/freshwater_bow_mount/powerdrivev2.aspx http://www.minnkotamotors.com/products/trolling_motors/freshwater_bow_mount/terrova.aspx

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.