Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Minn kota I-pilot help

6/6/18 @ 6:15 PM
ORIGNAL POST
UPHunterfisher
User since 3/9/15

I purchased a used Minn Kota Terrova I-pilot link 112 pre-bluetooth model. It came with the wired foot pedal but no remote. I purchased a new remote(model 1866350) and I finally got around to set it up, but have issues syncing the remote to the head. I have tried the proper syncing method per the Minn Kota site with no results. I held the sync/learn button on the head down and get the steady tone, and then I pushed one the the remote buttons and the lcd screen comes on, but no beeps for it to be synced. I was able to link the Terrova to my Helix 12 and footpedal works. I have never owned one of these before so I am not familiar on what the remote screen is supposed to look like. I thought  was odd when pressing any button on the remote, ALL the icons come on and stay on for about 8 sec. Is that normal before it is synced?(pic attached)  I am wondering if it is a defective remote from the factory. I checked the battery voltage on the remote and was good, but put in a new battery just to make sure with no luck. Also the Terrova has all new batteries fully charged. Any thoughts was appreciated.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/9/18 @ 10:19 PM
UPHunterfisher
User since 3/9/15

Thanks for all the input. I believe I may have the wrong remote like mentioned.  

I see that there is a Micro remote. (Minn Kota Micro Wireless Remote Control i-Pilot, iPilot Link (Pre-2017) 1866360). I don't think I need all the functions of the large remote since I have it linked to my Helix 12. Anyone who uses this remote with the link system, let me know how your thoughts about it good or bad. 

6/9/18 @ 2:45 PM
Gimper
User since 11/27/01

It's the wrong remote as said before.

The Terrova can have the pedal and the Ethernet  at the same time. The Powerdrive V2 can NOT have the pedal hooked up if the Ethernet is run to the locator.

6/7/18 @ 6:58 PM
Fishin AGAIN!!
User since 11/20/14

Power on remote. 

Should be sync or pair soft button or in setup tab.

Push that button

Than hit button on motor. 

6/7/18 @ 12:09 PM
Jared
Jared
User since 7/22/01

Posion...

They can both be connected, but also may be worth trying w/o the pedal connected to pair, just because... Things...

The pedal always overrides the remote when activated. 

6/7/18 @ 7:30 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

That was my first thought as well.  That is the exact remote I have for my i-Pilot now.  I had been looking at i-Pilot Link and the remote looks different (more modern, color/touch screen).

6/7/18 @ 7:05 AM
Major Mark
Major Mark
MEMBER since 5/20/05

the remote pictured looks like the one my Terrova had for I-pilot.  When I upgraded it to a Link head (also pre-bluetooth), the remote was totally different... larger screen, larger remote overall.  Are you sure that remote is the proper one for your Link unit??

This is what my I-pilot Link remote looks like, now referred to as a Link "Legacy" system  

https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoors.com/accessories/trolling-motor/i-pilot-link-remote-legacy

6/6/18 @ 8:15 PM
Jared
Jared
User since 7/22/01

I'd say you've exhausted all the possibilities except the head on the trolling motor itself or the remote.

I'd try a different remote and if that fails call Minn Kota. They can be pretty helpful, but you may as well start by reading your post, because that's all stuff they will ask about. 

Good luck, all this tech is great, when it's working how it's supposed to be.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.